Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (6)
Сегодня в 4:39 до полудня

Forename Alix Alice (I)
Birth Surname van Boelare of Boelare

Private User
Сегодня в 10:18 до полудня

There are two Alix van Boelare

I’m trying to follow Geni tools. The default language is English. I need to add French and or Dutch for every person and insert the properly translated titles.

One of the predecessors has used Alice (I) and Alice (II). I’m trying to pick these up as I go along and stay consistent

Сегодня в 10:33 до полудня

Use the name as it appears in the Docs - otherwise the one they would have used in their own language. It isn't necessary in the Medieval tree to translate easily read names into English for Display Name, unless the person is well-known as that in English scholarship.

See the Medieval Naming Protocols project.

Сегодня в 10:35 до полудня
Private User
Сегодня в 11:18 до полудня

Alice = Alix = Aledis, there is a lot of this.

I will use the name in the primary doc and add the others as AKA

Private User
Сегодня в 11:40 до полудня

For surname I use only the birth name field only for women since in medieval time women did not take on their husbands name after marriage, they are forever known by their birth name or AKAs usually having to do with titles.

For display name I let the system default in English govern. In the profile I will use only the most important title and the AKA field for others to keep it simple.

Two other items of format while I’m here,
1) I tend to enter a person, spouse(s) and all children as place holders first so that I can lock family connections. At the same time the Geni system identifies duplicates and consistency issues which I then can fix while I’m going back and entering data. Since if a child has a dup, it’s likely a sibling will have a dup and Geni allows me to fix them at the same time. It also alerts me to different data which I can correct during a merge. Variations in naming between what I enter and what may have been there since 2008 becom3 unnecessary problems. I find this works better for me and accuracy but it can create duplicates which show up in potential merge lists earlier than I want to merge so by locking down the place holder I can prevent untimely merges.
2) So as not to open up questions too early I use my MyHeritage tree to build families and as a repository for research, which I can then put together in Notes and past into the overview as a single action. I find Geni very unforgiving to the process of building that needs to happen over several days of in and out to fine tune a profile. I’ve got so much research data that it sometimes takes me stumbling upon something I should have done weeks earlier.

Показаны все сообщения (6)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении