Maj. Charles W Allen, Sr. - From the inbox of the managers of this profile:

Сегодня в 4:49 после полудня

Managers of Maj. Charles W Allen, Sr.,

I am contacting you about this profile: https://www.geni.com/people/Maj-Charles-Allen-Sr/600000000116105659

I am a 5th great grandson of Captain Charles Allen of Warren County, NC.

My Y DNA points me to King George and Stafford counties, Virginia. Our ancestor, James Walter Allen did extensive research in the 1920s and came to the conclusion that our line was from Hanover, New Kent counties. Oral family history has it that Capt Charles was born in Hanover, Virginia. I believe James Allen assumed that it was Hanover County. However, based on DNA link to Allens in King George/Stafford, this points to an entirely different Allen line. It is interesting to note that part of King George C0 in the 1730s was in HANOVER PARISH, not Hanover County.

There is much evidence which points to Capt. Charles being born in Hanover Parish, not Hanover County.

DNA evidence also confirms that George Allen of Warren County (died 1805), was Capt Charles brother. George had first moved to Warren Co in 1762 and purchased property from another Stafford Co neighbor, Wm Hackney who had purchased same property from a Rice Duncan. Rice was the son of another Duncan who had lived next to a George Allen at Summer Duck Run before moving a bit north in Fauquier Co. Then crossing the Hedgeman River into Culpeper Co. As we know, several of Capt Charles' children were born in Culpeper Co prior to the family moving to Warren Co, NC.

I believe Capt Charles' parents were George Allen and Jane Hackney Allen of Summer Duck Run

FYI
J

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении