Cornelius Reynolds - Origins?

Начала Erica Howton сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Сегодня в 1:31 после полудня

Research notes from Jim Farmer

Managers of Cornelius Reynolds,

Looks like you are still actively tracking Cornelius' entry. Can I share with you my research about his life? I don't have a specific record stating a connection between him and his father and brother, but by following their trail of land patents, I feel certain they are related. Here is what I have based this on:

- William Reynolds, the father of Cornelius, first arrived c1637 as a headright of Bell and Lawson. [C&P Vol I, p 58.] He acquired his own patent the same year NE of Queens Ck in Charles River Co, (i.e., York Co.) [C&P Vol I, p 64.] and later owned additional land at least by 1648 across the York River at Capt. West's Creek and the Chiskyake. He was still there in 1652 [C&P Vol I, pp 180, 243.]
- His son William Reynolds came a year later in 1653 and in the same year patented 92 acres up the York River on the headwaters of the Mattaponi River. [C&P Vol I, pp 284, 235.] By 1657 he patented an additional 650 acres on the Potomac in Northumberland. Sometime before 6 Oct 1658, he brought his family, Hannah, Abigal, Deborah,, Hannah and John to Virginia. [C&P Vol I, pp 343, 380-281.]
- Cornelius Reynolds, also a son of the elder William, came with his family and used their combined headrights to patent 640 acres on the 6th of June, 1664. His wife Margaret whom he married in London in 1647 is listed in the patent along with sons William and Cornelius, daughters Ann and Susan (or Susanna). Margarett and William were also listed later in his will. The land he patented was up the York River on the Mattaponi River near to his brother William's original patent. [C&P Vol I, p 515.], Five years later, in 1669, Cornelius patented land in Gloucester County. [C&P Vol II, p 67.] Another patent shows that he assigned his Mattaponi property to his son-in-law Thomas Mead (sic, s/b Meador) who married his daughter Susan. [C&P Vol II, p 168.] Lastly, he patented 300 acres of land in Rappahannock County 16 Apr 1683 just before writing his will a year later in 1684. [C&P Vol II, p 259.] It was probated in Rappahannock Co. 4 Nov 1685, marking his death to be about that time.

Cornelius had a number of other children before coming to Virgina. Some are listed in the All Hallows, Barking by the Tower Parish book. Cornelius and Margaret baptized: Cornelius 28 Aug 1655, Elizabeth 24 Feb 1659 and Mary 19 Oct 1662 . [London, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812, Ancestry.com.]

I am actually descended from both brothers, one through my Dad and the other through Mom,, so I am just now putting this together. Hope this helps your own research.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении