Wanting to verify lines before adding people

Начала Annber Lynn Collins сегодня

These are some Skinner lines that married into Cherokee lines,that I wanted to vet and verify before adding to project.

The Father is in question. He is listed as John Freeman Skinner. My Skinner is listed as John Franklin Skinner. I did have to separate two realitives under the same exact name of John Franklin Skinner.

Message sent to me states:

Barbara Croley/ Andersoon

My Grandmother was married to John F. Skinner in 1915 in Ramona Oklahoma.
Her name was Cornelia Crowell Benge/ Fields (Cherokee). They had two children, Bethel and Hulda Mauldine Skinner ( my Mother). Cornelia died three weeks after giving birth to my mother. John Skinner was reported dead before my mother was born, the two girls were adopted. I have never found a death cert or any info on his death so maybe he was still alive.
Do you feel there could be any connection?

You'll note FamilySearch has documentation to prove maternal side of inherited Cherokee lines for Barbara.

Frances Hulda Croley

Familysearch:

John Freeman Skinner

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/GQSR-8Q4

My Skinner lines is an Uncle. You'll note discrepancies in Ydna on Geni. FamilySearch listed him under both names connected to my lines.

*John Franklin Skinner

The other John Franklin separated, but still family.

*John Franklin Skinner

I have another Uncle who married into Cherokee lines, through Skinner Surname as well as Faubus and their varies spellings. This leads to Montgomery lines of the denial of Cherokee heritage by the tribe. Eliza is a dead end. I sourced photos and other sources of denial papers on Lettica-Howard.

Lettica ‘Lettie Hatchet Grey’ Howard

Here is the other line I wanted verified and added. Another Aunt, Cherokee line.

Nellie Skinner

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении