“Littlefellow” Hi-s-ki-ti-hi Fivekiller - Hiskyteehee Fivekiller

Начала Darlene D. Miller сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Hello, I have been researching Spring Place Missionary school and I got a copy of the children that were enrolled there.
There was a 12-year-old child enrolled on February 1st, 1805, and he left school on January 26, 1806.

It says his name was "Iskittihee, or Fivekiller. There was a note saying he was shot accidently. It did not say he died. The person that enrolled him was "The Mouse", stepfather, mother not named. The child was from Rabbit Trap, 15 miles south of Spring Place in Cossawattee District.

I believe that Hiskyteehee Five was this same child called Iskittihee, or Fivekiller. I believe this child was born in 1793 and he was not the son of Nanyehi (Nancy Ward). He was probably a child that she took in.

Also, there was one more child. I believe he was a brother to Iskittihee, or Fivekiller. This child was Young Wolf. The parent or guardian that enrolled him was Mouse and N. N. The N..N. seems to mean not named. He was enrolled on February 1st in 1819. He was 10 years old. He was so poor that someone had sponsored him to buy what he needed for school but ask him to changed his name from Young Wolf to Gardiner Green.

Nanyehi (Nancy Ward) was living in Tennessee on the north side of the Hiwassee River on North Mouse Creek. I had found that some creeks were named after people that lived around there such as Candy's Creek and Bigby's Creek. Both Samuel Candy and Samuel Bigby married Nanyehi's (Nancy Wards) descendants. I have more information on that.

I have several items of proof that Nanyehi (Nancy Ward) was actually married three times and not just two times. She had more than three children but I counted a total of seven plus if you count Iskittihee Fivekiller then that would make eight but she gave birth to seven children. She did not quite having children after Bryant Ward left her. She met Nathaniel Hicks, Sr. She had five more children.

They were:
1. Sarah Gosaduisga Hicks
2. Nathaniel Hicks, Jr
3. Elizabeth Hicks
4. Charles Renatus Hicks
5. William Abraham Hicks.

I have documented evidence and some of it was after History Professor Rowina McClinton translated the Spring Place Moravian Mission diaries from German to English and she published her books in 2010. That was after others have written books on Nanyehi (Nancy Ward).

Nancy Ward came to visit her granddaughter from her Sarah Gosaduisga Hicks at James Vann's house at Spring Place on 5 July 1807. She came from North Mouse Creek in Tennessee to Ustanally just 17 miles south of Spring Place. Ustanally was where they held the Cherokee Women's Counsel in 1808. She also had family in that area. She spoke there the first time. The second Cherokee Women's Council was held in Tennessee in Amoyee near where Cleveland, Tennessee is at. She was too old and sick to go anywhere at age 79 so she sent a letter and her walking stick to the council. The 12 women on the council were mostly all her relatives from her first and third marriages. 11 out of 12 women were her family. I looked them up and made a list to see who they were.

Nanyehi (Nancy Ward) was my 6th great grandmother. My DNA test also shows I am Indigenous American. Everyone kept saying both my mom and sister looked Indian so much so that I began doing genealogy and I took a DNA test. I am from her son Nathaniel Hicks, Jr. He moved to Wrightsville, Georgia. He had a son named Francis Hicks. He later moved to Alabama and then he moved again to Arkansas before 1840.

I don't know who ever said that Hiskyteehee Fivekiller was her son but I believe they were wrong. Maybe "The Mouse" was her son from Tsula Kingfisher and it was not recorded and Iskittihee Fivekiller and Young Wolf was her grandsons. The name Young Wolf may have came from the name of their clan because Nanyehi was from the Wolf Clan.

Darlene (Miller) Kunis

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении