Wilbor (Wilbur) Family

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
10/13/2010 at 9:31 PM

My great great grandmother was Lois Wilbor or Wilbur (b. 1824). Her parents were Meshach Wilbor and Nancy Williams.

I found The Wilbore Family in America (1907) and it looks like there are THREE Meshachs after TWO Shadrachs. However the three Meshachs all died around the same time (1702 - 1793; 1731 - 1800; and 1761 - 1803) which may be why some of my sources thought there was only one Meshach.

Can anyone confirm that there are THREE Meshachs? Right now, there's a bit of a mess, some of which I made today, which I promise I'll clean up once I verify that the facts in John Reid Wilbor's 1907 book are correct.

Hello Hatte,

I see that you have started this discussion about specific people, but did NOT link to the relevant profiles. You'll get much better results if you do so, because the discussion will be visible from the profile itself, and will be seen by the profile managers as well (Tagging does NOT work in the subject line).

See Tagging under ==> http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Glossary#T

Shmuel Aharon Kam,
Geni Curator

10/14/2010 at 9:38 AM

Thanks Shmuel. That makes sense.

10/14/2010 at 9:48 AM

Shadrach Wilbore and Shadrach Wilbor and Meshach Wilbur, III and Meshach Wilbor are some of the profiles I'm referencing. I verified that there are 2 Shadrachs and 3 Meshachs. I'm in the process of merging profiles and fixing any damage I caused by my confusion yesterday. If someone is part of the Wilbur family and wants to help, you're welcome.

There is some lovely sources about the name Wilbore/Wilbor/Wilbur and about this specific family.

My line of descent is:

1. Samuel Wilbor m Anne Bradford
2. Shadrach Wilbor m Mary Deane
3. Shadrach Wilbor m Joanna Neale
4. Meshach Wilbor m Elizabeth Leonard
5. Meshach Wilbor m Mehitable Williams
6. Meshach Wilbor m Nancy Williams (second wife)
7. Williams Wilbor m Rebecca Browning
8 Lois Wilbur m David Lysander Johnson (my gg grandparents)

10/14/2010 at 2:06 PM

The other neat thing is that the Richard Williams line that I am descended from and the Samuel Wilbor line that I am also descended from seem to have intermarried multiple times.

1. Edmund Williams (Nathaniel 2nd, Nathaniel 1st, Richard Williams) married a cousin Susanna Williams (Abiel, Seth, Samuel, Richard Williams)

2. Edmund and Susanna's daughter Nancy Williams married Meshach 3rd Wilbor

3. Abiel Williams (Seth, Samuel, Richard Williams) married Mehitable ?

4. Abiel Williams and Mehitable had two daughters, one the Susanna above, whose daughter Nancy married Meshach 3rd and one apparently Mehitable who married Meshach 2nd

10/14/2013 at 6:58 PM

My name is anthony wilbur of true English heredity bearing coat of arms patriotically, how can I help

10/14/2013 at 7:20 PM

Hi Anthony welcome to Geni

I have a Wilbore question. Do you know anything about the Wilbore family of Scrooby in Nottinghamshire?

(I'm exploring connections between families in Scrooby in the period before emigration to the Americas - say 1500 - 1630)

For instance there's this record

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=193-ym_2-2&...

"Bartholomew Fletcher of Norton Priory, gent.; Robert Wilbore of Scrooby, Notts., gent. Moieties of two messuages or tenements at Norton: ...." (Bargain and sale  YM/D/KIRK/13  1 February 1603/4)

10/16/2013 at 10:34 AM

My dad is Robert wilbur & has had a family tree investigated & printed, I know there is next to none over here, my dad & 3 kids are only ones in Hampshire, I met a NY other day & he claims there's loads in states, I will ask him & let you know, might be easier to talk over face book if you friend me up

10/16/2013 at 4:28 PM

There's a pretty good old book in Google Books about the descendants of Samuel Wildbore. My family has been using Wilbur as a middle or given name for generations as Wilbore/Wilbur descendants.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion