Started by Private User on Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
6/7/2011 at 8:13 AM

En què parte aparecen los "hijos de Marìa"? para que hablen de hermanos biològicos? Jesus, ultimo descendiente de la rama del Rey David. NADIE màs lo sucediò.- DEJEMOS A DIOS SER DIOS . Catòlico ignorante, seguro protestante. Los "hermanos" de Jesus = eran sus PARIENTES: primos, tios, como se trataban tios y sobrinos, como "hermanos" sin serlo biologicamente.
El arbol geneaologico de Jesus TERMINO concluyo con EL..

6/9/2011 at 1:55 AM

Sorry cannot reply correctly in Spanish.
Why do we have question God's word because you are referring to human relations from BV Mary.He is "Son of God" because in Matthew 16:15-16 Apostle Peter states: "You are Christ, the Son of the living God" Jesus not only accepts the titles, but calls Peter "blessed" and declares the profession a divine revelation by stating: "flesh and blood did not revealed it to you, but my Father who is in Heaven." By emphatically endorsing both titles as divine revelation, Jesus unequivocally declares himself to be both Christ and the Son of God in Matthew 16:15-16. The reference to his Father in Heaven is itself a separate assertion of son-ship within the same statement.

Private User
6/9/2011 at 3:57 AM

The Christian Bible is not "everyone's" bible or belief.

There are other books and oral histories out there that say Adam and Eve were not the first people on earth. Thus why we allow for the Geni tree to continue above Adam and Eve. Christianity is NOT the only religion out there or the first genealogy told.

As a matter of fact some other religions don't believe we started from a man who's rib was taken and turned into a woman. There's the Native American story of Turtle Island. There are even older stories in Polynesian Islands saying a God was a Volcano.

I understand that the Holy Bible refers to them as false Gods, but if you can open your minds (because I know what one is taught at home and church can be the ONLY truth) that yours, mine or their religion isn't for everyone.

I happen to not believe in any of it, but I don't go around telling others to remove the Giants and Mythological creatures out of the trees. It shows the culture and traditions of our forefathers and what they were taught and believed and I find it a "very" valid part of history and my ancestors.

Private User
6/9/2011 at 4:11 AM

http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000003521987523#600000000... Here's the "Ancestors" of "Adam."

http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000012919636233 The Hawaiian God of Procreation, which is their ancient ancestors, genealogy and truth

Ranginui-a-Tamaku (Sky Father) Sky Father The earliest ancestors of the Maori, and their genealogy and truth.

Please be open-minded and respectful of other cultures. This is a "World" tree, not a "religious" tree. So, all religions, pagans and whatnot are sharing it.

6/9/2011 at 8:43 AM

This particular discussion is about the Family of Jesus which is a Christian faith issue that is why quoting from the Holy Bible is relevant at this time OK, and I fully respect others who have different faiths or none and we do not ram ours down their throats or yours even though we do not believe facts from their equivalent scriptures and in any case they are not relevant to our present discussion anyhow which is between Christians

Private User
6/9/2011 at 8:47 AM

It shouldn't be a Christian discussion, since this is a public forum of all faiths and walks of life. It should be a genealogical discussion, since this a genealogical website. Genealogically in "other" books than Abrahamic ones, or in other oral histories there were additional people that the Holy Bible doesn't mention.

Private User
6/9/2011 at 8:53 AM

@Thomas,

PS
The gist of what the original poster was saying is she doesn't believe in the other descendants of Mary. That the "siblings" of Jesus Christ could have been brothers, cousins, or other relatives. She said if my translation is correct, that we should keep the Biblical tree as the way the Christian Bible says.

That is probably true, from a Biblical point of view. But from a genealogical point of view, other books and histories tell a different story.

Private User and THOMAS GRAHAM BLACKETT,
if you look at the list of discussions about Jesus:
Jesus you just might notice that this topic of Jesus' siblings AND Children get discussed endlessly. Strictly speaking it is ONLY the Catholics that insist that Mary had no other children and that Jesus never married. BOTH of these claims are rather unreasonable. As such MANY other CHRISTIAN sources do in fact refer to these additional family members. Of course, the Catholic Church being what it was, it did it's best to stamp out these "heresies".

THOMAS GRAHAM BLACKETT, lastly, the term "son of G-d" is prevalent in MANY places throughout Scriptures. It's funny that only this once is it taken literally.

11/29/2015 at 11:00 AM

@Vera-Anne Busby
I feel that faith or religion should not be on on the Geni site and genealogy doesn't include God or any relationship to Him and have not took part in these peoples discussions for over 4.1/2 years as I feel this way,and I respect very much your whakapapa as I know you likewise do towards my ancestors,and don't know how I challenged your bloodline even if unintentionally,my regards

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion