Anne Wyatt (Cox)
|Also Known As:||"Coxe", "Cocke"|
|Birthplace:||Boxley, Maidstone Col London, Kent, England|
|Death:||Died in Boxley Abbey, , Kent, England|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Anne Wyatt
- Birth: 1607 Kent, England
- Death: 1631 Boxley Kent, England
- Married: Haute Wyatt (1596 - 1638)
- Burial: Boxley Church Cemetery, Boxley, Kent, England
- children: John Wyatt b.1630 & Anna Katherine Wyatt b.1631
Note: daughter of John Cocke & Ann Lee (comment: is this proven?)
Rev. Hawte Wyatt had FOUR known and confirmed surviving children: George and Edward by first wife Barbara Mitford, John and Alice by third wife Anne Cox. Source: household expenses submitted by Lady Jane Finch, 1639.
From Douglas Richardson
"I show that Rev. Hawte Wyatt married in the parish of St. Mary Mounthaw, London 6 Feb. 1618/9 to his first wife, Barbara Mitford.
"Rev. J. Cave-Brown's History of Boxley Parish Registry only lists two wives for Hawte Wyatt. As I recall, this work records the burial records of Hawte Wyatt's second wife, Elizabeth, in 1626, and his third wife, Anne, in 1632. There is no mention of his first wife, Barbara, at all.
"If .... Elizabeth, is the same person as Rev. Wyatt's first wife, Barbara Mitford, he must explain why he thinks her name in the burial record was recorded in error, especially since she was the vicar's own wife."
" Does anyone have a reference for the marriage of Hawte Wyatt, vicar of Boxley, Kent, England, and his wife Anne Cox/Cocke. I am looking for the original reference in the parish register or any reference quoted in a publication ..."
(2) "Descendants of Francis & Haute Wyatt of Virginia", page 2, This book only has her name as Anne.
(3) The book "Colonial americans of Royal and Noble Descent" page 547 : "Rev Hawte (Haute)-of VA 1621, b1594 d1638 minister at Jamestown VA 1621/1625, second son of Sir George Wyatt of Allington Castle & Boxley Manor & Jane Finch, m (1) 1618 Barbara Elizabeth Mitford, m (2) Elizabeth_______buried 31 Oct 1626, m(3) 1628 Anne Cox d 1631/1632 dau/o John Cox & Ann Lee of Kent, England - the immigrant" Sources: Charles Henry Browning "Americans of Royal Descent" 1883
- 1. “Adventures in Purse and Person Virginia 1607-1624/5”, 4th Edition; Vol. 3; by John Frederic Dorman, Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, MD, 20007.
- 2.Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 32 pp177,180; Vol. 23 pp 429-30; Vol. 26 p 316.
- 3.William and Mary Quarterly (Series 1) Vol. 12 pp 34-38
- U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Name: Hawte Wyatt Gender: Male Birth Year: 1596 Spouse Name: Ann Cox Spouse Birth Year: 1605 Number Pages: 1 Source Citation: Source number: 2266.000; Source type: Electronic Database; Number of Pages: 1; Submitter Code: KHW.
- U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Birth, Marriage & Death Name: Haute Wyatt Spouse: Ann Cox Birth: 1594 Marriage: 1629
Anne Wyatt's Timeline
Boxley, Maidstone Col London, Kent, England
# U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 Name: Hawte Wyatt Gender: Male Birth Year: 1596 Spouse Name: Ann Cox Spouse Birth Year: 1605 Number Pages: 1 Source Citation: Source number: 2266.000; Source type: Electronic Database; Number of Pages: 1; Submitter Code: KHW.
February 19, 1631
Boxley, Kent, England
February 29, 1631
Boxley Abbey, , Kent, England