|Also Known As:||"Anneken"|
|Birthplace:||Doesburg, Doesburg, Gelderland, Netherlands|
|Death:||Died in Flatbush, Nieuw-Nederland|
Daughter of Henrick Hendrickse and wife of Hendrick
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Anneken Hendricks
F ii Annetje Hendrickse was born in 1620 in Doesburg Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands. She died before 1656 probably in Flatbush, New Netherlands.
- 6 FEB 1649/50 in RDC New Amsterdam 1 to 1 Jan Aertsen VANDERBILT b: 1627 in Bilt, Utrecht , Netherlands; his 1st wife.
- Gerritje Janse VANDERBILT b: ABT. 4 DEC 1650
- Aris Janse VANDERBILT b: BEF. 20 APR 1651 in New Amsterdam , New Netherlands
- Marritje Janse VANDERBILT b: ABT. 3 DEC 1651
- Aert Janszen VANDERBILT b: ABT. 20 APR 1653
Not sure how accurate the info below is:
"Jan Aertsen Vanderbilt was born circa 1627 in Utrecht, Holland (which is very near a town call de Bilt. (Vander = from, or of the) and immigrated to an unknown destination in 1640.
"He married Anneken Hendricks (b. Bergen, Norway - d. about 1655) on Feb 6, 1650 and had three children: Geertje Janse born before 1650, Aris Janse born before 1651 died 1715, Marritje Janse born bef 1651.
"Jan was also married to Dieber Cornelis (probably before 1680 but after 1656). They had Jacob Janse Vanderbilt who married Mary Vandervliet and had 5 children: Jan, Jacob (born 1694), Derrick (b. 1696), Antje (b. after 1696) and Hendrick (b. 1705).
"Jan married Magdalena Hanse, 11 Dec 1680 in Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY. Their son Jan Janse, married Helena Lefferts and had a daughter, Abigail.
"Jan died 2 Feb 1705/1706 in Bergen, Hudson, New Jersey at the age of 77."
From "The Social History of Flatbush" by Gertude Lefferts Vanderbilt, Pages 221, 229:
"From the south corner of Clarkson St. to the South corner of Winthrop St. was Jan Aertsen Vanderbilt's farm. The original Vanderbilt farm - 1661, Jan vande Bilt - is now (as of date of book, 1881) enclosed within Prospect Park.
- Reference: MyHeritage Family Trees - SmartCopy: Dec 1 2016, 5:41:59 UTC
- page 266 of Genealogies of New Jersey Families: Families A-Z, pre-American notes on old .... "Geertje Hendricks: Mother of the Hopper and Van Dien Families." by George Olin Zabriskie. "Annatje, first wife of Jan Arentsen Vanderbilt ..."
- page 4 of Dutch Reformed Marriage Records of New Amsterdam & New York City by Robert L. Billard. "1650 06 Feb; Jan Arentsen van der Bilt, jm; Anneken Hendricks, jd van Bergen in Noorwegen"
Anneken Hendricks's Timeline
Doesburg, Doesburg, Gelderland, Netherlands
Brooklyn, Kings, New York, United States
December 4, 1650
New Amsterdam, NY
December 3, 1651
New Amsterdam, New York, United States
April 6, 1653
New Amsterdam, New York, New York, United States