Antoine Charles de Gramont
Son of Antoine III, duc de Gramont and Françoise Marguerite du Plessis de Chivré
|Managed by:||George J. Homs|
Matching family tree profiles for Antoine IV, duc de Gramont
About Antoine IV, duc de Gramont
Golden Fleece - Knights: Spanish Branch
- Antoine IV, duc de Gramont
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Antoine Charles IV de Gramont, comte de Guiche, 3rd Duke de Gramont, comte de Louvigny, Souverain de Bidache (1641 – October 25, 1720) was a French diplomat.
He was the son of Antoine III de Gramont and Françoise-Marguerite du Plessis de Chivré, Richelieu's niece.
He distinguished himself in the King’s armies during the campaign against Holland in 1672 and during the Siege of Besançon (1674) in the Franco-Dutch War. Later he was Ambassador extraordinary in Spain, Viceroy of Navarre and Béarn, and governor of Bayonne. He was a Knight of the King's order and Knight of the Golden Fleece.
- He married in 1668 Marie Charlotte de Castelnau (1648 – January 29, 1694), daughter of Marshal Castelnau.
- They had two children :
- Antoine V de Gramont (1672–1725), 4th Duke of Gramont.
- Catherine-Charlotte (died 1739), married Louis François, duc de Boufflers
- After his wife death he married in 1710 Anne Baillet de La Cour.