John Worsham, II
|Birthplace:||Bermuda Hundred, Henrico County, Virginia, Colonial America|
|Death:||Died in Henrico Parish, Henrico County, Virginia, Colonial America|
|Place of Burial:||Henrico Parish, Henrico County, Virginia, United States|
Son of William Worsham of Jordan's Parish and Elizabeth Jane Eppes
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Captain John Worsham
About Captain John Worsham
John Worsham, Capt., born ca 1653 in the Burmuda Hundred, Henrico Co., Virginia. He married Phoebe _____. Phoebe was born ca 1657 in Henrico Co., Virginia. John was a Captain in the Militia. John died on 29 November 1729 in Henrico Parish, Henrico Co., Virginia, and Phoebe died in 1729, also in Henrico Co., Virginia.
Their children were:
1. Elizabeth Worsham, born ca 1677 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married twice. She married first to Thomas Ligon on 02 Feb 1696/97 in Varina, Henrico Co., Virginia. Thomas was born ca 1677, the son of William Ligon and Mary Tanner. Their children were: Phoebe, Elizabeth, Thomas, and Mary Ligon. Elizabeth married second to Alexander Marshall. Alexander was born ca 1677. He was Sheriff in 1737. Elizabeth died in February 1743/44, and Alexander died on 03 May 1743. Children: Francis Ligon, Alexander, William, Francis, Elizabeth, and John Marshall..
2. John Worsham, Capt. (See 3rd Generation), born ca 1679 in Henrico Co., Virginia.
3. Frances Worsham, born ca 1683 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married William Rowlett on 12 October 1703 in Henrico Co., Virginia. William was born ca 1675, the son of Peter and Frances Rowlett. William died on 05 May 1735 in Henrico Co., Virginia. Their children were: William, John, and George Rowlett.
4. Mary Worsham, born ca 1685 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married Rev. George Robertson. George was born ca 1662 in Scotland. Their children were: James, George, Elizabeth, and John Robertson.
5. William Worsham, Capt., born ca 1688 in Henrico Co., Virginia. He married twice. He married first to Mary Archer, and second to Lucy Hamlin on 08 September 1725 in Henrico Co., Virginia. Lucy was born ca 1696. William died in 1748 in Dale Parish, Henrico Co., Virginia. Their children were: Lucy, and Anne Worsham.
6. Daniel Worsham, born ca 1690 in Henrico Co., Virginia. He married Judith "Elizabeth" Archer. Elizabeth was born ca 1690. Daniel died on 12 August 1727 in Henrico Co., Virginia. Their children were: Phebe, Elizabeth, and Martha Worham.
7. Martha Worsham, born ca 1694 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married Seth Ward. Seth was born ca 1685, the son of Seth Ward and Anne Hatcher. Martha died in 1784 in Henrico Parish, Henrico Co., Virginia. Children: Seth, Martha, and Elizabeth Ward.
8. Anne Worsham, born ca 1696 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married Thomas Osborne. Thomas was born ca 1690 in Henrico Co., Virginia, the son of Thomas Osborne and Martha Jones. Anne died in 1730 in Amelia Co., Virginia, and Thomas died in 1755 in Lunenburg Co., Virginia. Their children were: Reps, Anne, Edward, Martha, John, and Daniel Osborne.
9. (Daughter) Worsham, born ca 1698 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married William _____.
10. (Daughter) Worsham, born ca 1700 in Henrico Co., Virginia. She married _____ Poythress.
Lewis of Warner Hall: the history of a family, including the genealogy of ... By Merrow Egerton Sorley Pg.809 http://books.google.com/books?id=yeWgvfDpwbwC&pg=PA807&lpg=PA807&dq=Francis+EPPES+1627&source=bl&ots=4XPXMUTco3&sig=yAlZrXUXhgE5459YbSGrYQX-Y7I&hl=en&ei=OhCFTOv7NomcsQOUopT3Bw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCIQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=Francis%20EPPES%201627&f=false -------------------------------------------- Henrico Co, VA Wills & Deeds 1725-1737 pg 124 Will of John Worsham of Henrico Parish pg 248
To son John, the plantation I live on, except a small parcel on head of my son William Worsham's plantation he bought of John Ealam
To son William, all the rest of said plantation
If above sons, have no heirs, then all to Daniel Worsham's eldest daughter my grandaughter
To my son Daniel's widow Judith, to live on my plantation until she can provide for herself a house on her plantation at Coldwater Run
To son John, silver tobacco box, seal gold ring, etc.
To son William, items
To daughters, Elizabeth Marshall, Frances Rowlett, Mary Robertson, Martha Ward, and Ann Osborn, each, 10 shillings
To grandson Francis Poythress, a negro, etc., when 21
To grandaughter Obediance Worsham, a gold ring
To son Daniels's daughters, Phebe, Martha, and Elizabeth, a negro man, and various items to them and their mother Judith
Rest to sons John & William, and they executors
Dated 9 June 1729 Wit: Joseph Royall, James Thompson, Henry Royall Recorded 6 Oct. 1729
John Worsham, Sr. was b abt 1653 Henrico Co., VA s/o William & Elizabeth Worsham. Proof that his wife is Phebe is when she gave her consent when John gave 100 acres of land on Appomattox River to his younger brother Charles in Dec 1678 (Henrico Co., VA Court Order Book 1678-93, p 64) John & Phebe children listed in his will: 1. Elizabeth Worsham b 1676 md 1st) Thomas Ligon 15 Mar 1697 St. John's Parish, Henrico Co., VA md 2nd) Alexander Marshall bef 20 Aug 1706. She d 9 Feb 1743/1744 Chesterfield Co., VA. 2. John Worsham b abt 1679 md Mary Wynne abt 1700 d bef 5 Oct 1753 Chesterfield Co., VA. 3. Frances Worsham b abt 1683 md William Rowlett 12 Oct 1703 Henrico Co., VA. 4. Mary Worsham b abt 1685 md George Robertson 5. William Worsham b abt 1688 md Lucy Hamlin d bef Dec 1748 Henrico Co., VA 6. Daniel Worsham b abt 1690 md Judith Archer & d 17 Aug 1727 Henrico Co., VA 7. Martha Worsham b abt 1694 md Seth Ward & d abt 1734 Henrico Co., VA 8. Anne Worsham b abt 1696 md Thomas Osborne 9. Miss Worsham (some researchers believe her name is Phebe & you state her name is Elizabeth. Do you have a source?) b abt md William Eppes & d before father's will was written. 10. Miss Worsham b abt 1700 md Francis Poythree & d before father's will.
Captain John Worsham's Timeline
Bermuda Hundred, Henrico County, Virginia, Colonial America
Charles City Co., VA
Henrico County, Virginia Colony
Henrico Parish, Henrico County, Virginia
Henrico Co, Virginia
Virginia, United States
Henrico County, Virginia