Cuthbert Musgrove, "The Mariner"
|Also Known As:||"Musgrave"|
|Birthplace:||Crookdale, Cumberland, England|
|Death:||Died in Prince George, Maryland|
|Managed by:||Erica "the Disconnectrix" Howton|
Matching family tree profiles for Cuthbert Musgrove, "The Mariner"
About Cuthbert Musgrove, "The Mariner"
Cuthbert Musgrove was born on 1 Jun 1644 in Crookdale, Cumberland, England and died in 1687 in Prince George Co., Maryland, at age 43.
- Parents: William Musgrave was born about 1620 in England.
- Edward Musgrove b: ABT 1673 in Charles County, Maryland
- Charles born 1682 in William & Mary Parish, Charles County, Maryland and will probated 4 MAY 1751 in William & Mary Parish, Charles County, Maryland. Married Susannah Philpott.
- John Musgrove born in 1683 in Prince George Co., Maryland and died in 1746 in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- William Musgrove b: ABT 1686 in William & Mary Parish, Charles County, Maryland
- Anne Musgrave
- Mary Musgrave
- Dorothy Musgrave
- Cuthbert was a son of William Musgrave of Crooksdale, England where records exist that he apprenticed Cuthbert to become a mariner. Cuthbert's wife was named Dorothy as was apparently his mother.
- CUTHBERT MUSGROVE, a Mariner from England, settled in Charles Co., MD, where he died intestate. He acquired property in Charles County, called "Threwsbury" or "Shrewsbury", depending on how the old writing is transcribed. When he died, his widow, DOROTHY, was appointed administrix by the court. He did not leave a will nor has the estate records been located or published that might identify all heirs. Under English law of primogenture, without a will, the oldest son inherits all the real estate with the exception of the widow's dower rights. Proceeds from Personal property, required to be sold, would have been divided among all the heirs. (I have not located any estate sales for CUTHBERT's personal property not a final distrubution of the proceeds to all the heirs). CUTHBERT and DOROTHY's oldest son was proven to be named JOHN MUSGROVE (A common Musgrove name and there were already others in America).
- Cuthbert's ancestors go back to about 1200 and are the Musgraves of Westmorland and other northern counties of Britain (link3)
- Phillips Family Line: Descendants of Gamel de Musgrave
- McKee Genealogy Updated 16 September 2003
- Cuthbert Musgrove - American Musgroves Posted: 29 Mar 1999