Edward Albert Heimberger
|Also Known As:||"Eddie Albert"|
|Birthplace:||Rock Island, Rock Island County, IL, USA|
|Death:||Died in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, CA, USA|
|Cause of death:||Pneumonia|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Eddie Albert
About Eddie Albert
- (1) findagrave.... ; ;en.wikipedia... ;
- Edward Albert Heimberger was born in Rock Island, Illinois, on April 22, 1906, the oldest of the five children of Frank Daniel Heimberger (1874–1970), a realtor, and his wife Julia (née Jones). His year of birth is often given as 1908, but this is incorrect. His parents were unmarried when Albert was born and his mother altered his birth certificate after her marriage.
- When he was one year old, his family moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota. Young Edward secured his first job as a newspaper boy when he was only six. During World War I, his German name led to taunts as "the enemy" by his classmates. He studied at Central High School in Minneapolis and joined the drama club. His schoolmate Harriette Lake (later known as actress Ann Sothern) graduated in the same class. Finishing high school in 1926, he entered the University of Minnesota, where he majored in business
- Albert married Mexican actress Margo (née María Margarita Guadalupe Teresa Estela Bolado Castilla y O'Donnell) in 1945. Albert and Margo had a son, Edward Jr., also an actor, and adopted a daughter, Maria, who became her father's business manager. Margo Albert died from brain cancer on July 17, 1985.
- The Alberts lived in Pacific Palisades, California, in a Spanish-style house on an acre of land (4,000 square meters) with a cornfield in front. Albert grew organic vegetables in a greenhouse and recalled how his parents had a "liberty garden" at home during World War I.