Elizabeth Wheelock (Fuller)
|Also Known As:||"Elizabeth Sabin"|
|Birthplace:||Rehoboth, Bristol County, Massachusetts|
|Death:||Died in Mendon, Worcester, Massachusetts|
Daughter of Robert Fuller, of Salem & Rehoboth and Sarah Fuller
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Wheelock
About Elizabeth Wheelock
- b. circa 1652 at Rehoboth.
- She d. at Mendon, Mass. Jan. 11, 1688/9.
- dau. of Robert Fuller & Sarah Bowen
- On Aug. 1, 1672 at Rehoboth, Mass., to Nehemiah Sabin, son of William Sabin
- on Apr. 17, 1678 at Rehoboth, Mass., to Eleazer Wheelock, son of Ralph & Rebecca (Clark) Wheeler
By her first marriage there were three children:
- • i. Elizabeth Sabin, b. May 10, 1673; an exhaustive search finds no further record of her.
- • ii. David Sabin, b. Nov. 10, 1674; bur. at Rehoboth Feb. 4, 1674/5.
- • iii. Daniel Sabin, b. circa 1676; see his memorial.
By her second marriage there were three children:
- i. Elizabeth Wheelock, b. Jan. 2, 1678/79 at Medfield, Mass., d. at Windham, Conn. Jan. 20, 1703/4, Æ 26; m. Jan. 15, 1699/700 at Medfield, Mass., Lieut. Elisha Smith, s. of Seth Smith & Mary Thurston, b. at Medfield Jan. 26, 1679/80. He d. intestate at Windham, Conn. May 1, 1714, Æ 35.
- ii. Dea. Ralph Wheelock, b. Feb. 12, 1682/3 at Mendon, Mass., d. Oct. 15, 1748 at Hebron, Mass., Æ 66; m. 1) Jan. 8, 1707/8 at Windham, Conn., Ruth Huntington, dau. of Dea. Christopher Huntington & Sarah Adgate, b. at Norwich, Conn. Nov. 28, 1682. She d. at Windham Aug. 31, 1725, Æ 43. Ralph m. 2) Sept. 30, 1726 at Windham, Mercy Standish, dau. of Lieut. Josiah Standish & 2nd wife Sarah Allen, b. circa 1685. She d. at Windham, Conn. Nov. 4, 1748.
- iii. Mary Wheelock, b. Aug. 16, 1686 at Mendon, Mass.; m. 1) Oct. 14, 1703 to David Clark at Medfield, Mass., by whom she had a daughter Elizabeth b. at Medfield Oct. 27, 1704. She m. 2) at Medfield May 4, 1705, Daniel Lawrence, by whom she had three children, all three mentioned in her father's will as his grandchildren. Where the Daniel Lawrence family resided is presently unknown to the writer.
After Nehemiah Sabin's death, the widow Elizabeth m. of record at Rehoboth Apr. 17, 1678 as his first wife, Eleazer Wheelock of Medfield, Mass. This marriage is recorded in both the Rehoboth and Medfield records as being to Elizabeth Fuller, but the date of the marriage appears only in the Rehoboth record. Although it has become accepted as fact that Eleazer Wheelock's wife Elizabeth Fuller was the former widow Elizabeth (Fuller) Sabin, the writer is unaware of any published research of deeds, wills, etc. in Mass. and Conn. that prove that Eleazer Wheelock of Medfield, Mass. was the "father-in-law" (i.e., stepfather) of Elizabeth's son Daniel Sabin of Rehoboth, Mass.
- Find A Grave Memorial# 54071543
- [http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=47291449 Find A Grave Memorial# 47291449\
Elizabeth Wheelock's Timeline
Rehoboth, Bristol County, Massachusetts
May 10, 1673
Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts
November 10, 1674
Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts, USA
Rehoboth, (Present Bristol County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)
January 2, 1679
Medfield, Suffolk County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
February 12, 1682
Mendon, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
August 16, 1686
Mendon, Worcester , Massachusetts
January 11, 1688
Mendon, Worcester, Massachusetts