Jacob French, Sr.
|Birthplace:||Assington, Suffolk, England, (Present UK)|
|Death:||Died in Assington, Suffolk, England, (Present UK)|
|Place of Burial:||St. Edmunds-St. Mary's, Suffolk, England|
Son of Thomas French, II and Alice French
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Jacob French, Sr.
About Jacob French, Sr.
JACOB FRENCH born about 1555 England; buried 11 Nov 1615 Assington Suffolk England. He is possibly son of Stephen French born about 1530 and Mary (unknown). Jacob married 27 Sep 1578 at Bures St. Mary, Essex, England SUSAN WARREN.
Children of JACOB FRENCH and SUSAN WARREN:
1. William bp 25 July 1580 Bures St. Mary Essex EN.
2. Jacob bp 12 Aug 1582 Bures St. Mary Essex EN.
+3. THOMAS FRENCH bp 11 Oct 1584 Bures St. Mary EN; died at Ipswich MA before 5 Nov 1639, the date of the administration of his estate; married 5 Sep 1608 SUSAN RIDDLESDALE bp 20 Apr 1584 Boxford Suffolk EN; died Aug 1658 Ipswich MA; daughter of John Riddlesdale and Dorcas (unknown). Came to Ipswich MA before 25 July 1638 when he is mentioned in the records.
4. Elizabeth born about 19 Jun 1580 in Bures, St. Mary, Suffolk, England and died 18 Mar 1648 Sudbury, Middlesex, MA. Marriage: 1605 Sudbury, Suffolk, England Spouse: Loker, Henry Robert I
Birth: 7 FEB 1577 Bures, St. Mary, Essex, England
Death: 15 APR 1631 Bures, St. Mary, Essex, England
Father: Loker, Robert
Mother: Riddlesdale, Lucy
5. Probably John bp 27 Mar 1596 Assington Suffolk EN.
6. Susan; buried 1 Aug 1613 Assington Suffolk EN.
7. Robert bp 25 June 1600 Assington Suffolk EN.
Jacob moved to Assington ca. 1585/6 or transferred church affiliation there [Assington Parish Register of St. Edmund's Parish, which starts in 1598]. No record of a French family in Bures St. Mary in the 16th Century or prior to Jacob's marriage, but it seems certain that he came from some neighboring village. No record of Susan's burial unless the burial of Susan French, the dau. of Jacob French, on Aug 1, 1613 is in error and she was his wife. No probate records for Jacob have been found in the indexes for the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, Archdeaconry Courts of Sudbury, of Essex, or the Consistory Court of Norwich. [John French, FFA Chart 1]
Jacob French, was born about 1553 and lived in Assington, Suffolk, England. He is the earliest known French in his line. Parish records are mute on the subject of who Jacob's ancestors were or where they came from. Jacob French and his wife Susan Warren had at least 7 children, including five sons. The only son of Jacob known to come to America was Thomas French, Sr., who immigrated to Massachusetts with his wife Susan Riddlesdale and 7 of their 8 children." [John French, FFA Chart 1]
Birth: Apr 26 1555 - Assington, Suffolk, England Death: Nov 11 1615 - Assington, Suffolk, England Parents: Thomas French, Alice French Wife: Susan Sarah Warren Lucy French (born Warren) Wife: Ida French Children: Edward French, Marjory bridges/ Bridge French, William French, Jacob French, Thomas French, Elizabeth French, Robert French, John Warren ; French, Susan Warren Miller (born French), Marie Warren French
- Jacob French1
- M, #70825, b. circa 1555
- Jacob French was born circa 1555 at Assington, Suffolk, England. He married Susan Warren, daughter of William Warren and Katherine, on 27 September 1579 at Bures St. Marys, Suffolk, England.1 Jacob French was buried on 11 November 1615 at Assington, Suffolk, England.
- Family Susan Warren b. c 1550
- Thomas French+1 b. 11 Oct 1584, d. 5 Nov 1639
- Elizabeth French+ b. 27 Feb 1587, d. 18 Mar 1648
- 1.[S11674] Genealogy.com, Ancestors of Stanley Elmer Allen.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2357.htm#i70825
- Jacob French
- Birth: 1555 Assington, Suffolk, England
- Death: Nov. 11, 1615 Assington, Suffolk, England
- It is thought that the French family records of birth, marriage & death records are part of the history of The St Edmund King and Martyr Church of Assington, Suffolk, England.
- Family links:
- Susan Warren French (1556 - 1613)*
- Thomas French (1584 - 1639)*
- Burial: St Edmund King and Martyr, Assington, Babergh District, Suffolk, England
- Plot: Unknown
- Find A Grave Memorial# 152039792
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=152039792
- Specific Ancestral Lines of the Boaz, Paul, Welty & Fishel Families By Adrienne Boaz
- Jacob French was born in England and married "Susann Waren" on September 27, 1579 at St. Mary's Church in Bures St. Mary, on the border of Suffolk and Essex TH35. He was buried on November 11, 1615, in Assington, Suffolk, England TH35, LI3.
- Susan Warren may have been born circa 1555 and was the mother of seven known children: William, baptized on July 25, 1580 at Bures St. mary, Jacob, baptized on August 12, 1582 at Bures St. Mary, Thomas, baptized on October 11, 1584 at Bures St. Mary, Elizabeth, baptized on February 27, 1586/7 at Assington, John, who may have been baptized on March 27, 1596 at Assington, Susan, born sometime between 1589 and 1598, and Robert, baptized on June 25, 1600 at Assington TH35. She may have been the daughter of descendant of William and Katherine Warren, who were of Bures St. Mary TH35. William Warren may have died on October 12, 1550 in Bures St. Mary, and Katherine Warren of Bures in Essex wrote her will on July 31, 1567, which was proved in January 1570/1 TH25.
Jacob French, Sr.'s Timeline
April 26, 1545
April 26, 1545
Saxmundham, Suffolk, England
Assington, Suffolk, England, (Present UK)
Knodishall, Suffolk, England
June 19, 1580
Bures St. Mary, Suffolk, England
July 25, 1580
Bures, St. Mary, Suffolk, England, (Present UK)
October 11, 1584
Assington, Suffolk, England
Assington, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom