Jane Locke Drake (Hermins)
|Also Known As:||"Jane Locke (Hermins) Berry", "Jane Conney", "Lady Jane Sackville"|
|Death:||Died in Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire, United States|
|Place of Burial:||Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire, USA|
Daughter of Thaddeus John Hermins and Jane Hermins
|Occupation:||House Keeper, Family from England|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Jane Locke Drake
About Jane Locke Drake
Maiden Name and Parents
Her maiden name is unknown. It is not Hermins.
- 1) There is no evidence that William Berry’s wife, Jane (maiden name unknown) had a last name of Hermins. Furthermore there is no evidence that Jane (maiden name unknown) was the daughter of a Thaddeus Hermins and a Jane (Locke) Hermins:
- 2) There is no evidence that Jane (Locke) Hermins had a daughter named Jane Hermins who married William Berry (see #1 above). There is also no evidence that Jane (Locke) Hermins had a mother named Ann Sackville or a father named Christopher Locke:
- 3) There is no evidence that Ann Sackville married Christopher Locke. And there is no evidence that Ann Sackville or Christopher Locke has a daughter named Jane (Locke) Hermins:
Christopher Locke of East Brent, Somerset had children with an unknown wife. The baptism of four children are found in the parish records of East Brent, Somerset. There is no daughter named Jane mentioned in the pedigree and there is no wife named.
Please review these sources regarding the Sackville family:
William Robinson, The History and Antiquities of the Parish of Tottenham, (G.S. Coventry: Tottenham, 1818), 52, digital images, Google Books (https://books.google.com : accessed 10 January 2016).
"Robert Sackville, 2nd Earl Dorset," The Peerage, database, (www.thepeerage.com/p.3025.htm#i30247 : accessed 10 January 2016).
Please see also the discussion tab on this profile. Feel free to add comments to this discussion.
a more reliable family listing
Jane 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 was born 1619 in , , England. She died after 1686 in Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
Jane married 8
- William BERRY on 1634 in Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
- Nathaniel Drake on 1655 in Rye, Rockingham, New Hampshire.
Children by 1st marriage
- F i Elizabeth BERRY was born 1635 and died 12 Nov 1734.
- M ii John BERRY was born 1637 and died 1717.
- M iii Joseph BERRY was born 1639 and died Feb 1717.
- F iv Rachel BERRY was born 1641 and died Feb 1707.
- F v Mary BERRY was born 1643 and died 1707.
- M vi James BERRY was born 1648 and died 1718.
- M vii William BERRY was born 1652 and died 1707.
Children by 2nd marriage
- F i Jane DRAKE was born 1655.
- F ii Rachel DRAKE 1, 2 was born 1657 in Hampton, Rockingham, New Hampshire
- 1Getchell, Sylvia Fitts, The Berrys by the Beach: One of New Hampshire's First Families (Newmarket, N. H.: Newmarket Press, 1980.), p. 1, Family History Library, 929.273 A1 no. 6498.
- 2Stackpole, Everett Schermerhorn, Old Kittery and Her Families (Lewiston, Maine: Lewiston Journal Co., 1903.), p. 34, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen 974.12 K62St.
- 3Savage, James, A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before 1692 (Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1860-62.), 2:70, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.274 S264.
- 4Noyes, Sybil., Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1972.), p. 205, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen 974.1 N958a.
- 5Noyes, Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, p. 90.
- 6Drake, Louis Stoughton, The Drake Family in England and America, 1360-1895, and the Descendants of Thomas Drake of Weymouth, Mass., 1635-1691 (Boston: D. Clapp & Son, 1896.), p. 28, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.2 D761-2.
- 7 Savage, J., Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, 1:171.
- 8Torrey, Clarence Almon, New England Marriages Prior to 1700 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1985.), p. 66, Los Angeles Public Library, Gen 974 T694.
- Surname Saturday: William Berry of Sandy Beach (Rye), N.H.
- “Descendants of William Berry of Rockingham County, NH for Four Generations: Book Three: William Berry and Jane ____ of Strawberry Bank” by June Berry (The Author, Kearns, UT, 1993)
- "Genealogical Dictionary of ME and NH" by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby, and Walter Goodwin Davis (Portland, 1939, reprinted Baltimore, 1988)
Jane Locke Drake's Timeline
Strawberry Bank,Rockingham,New Hampshire
Lancaster , Virginia
New Hampshire, United States
Strawberry Park, Portsmouth, Rockingham, New Hampshire
Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts
Of Rye, Rockingham, NH