About Joan Cokayne
- Jane Dabridgecourt1
- F, #326140
- Last Edited=24 Dec 2008
- Jane Dabridgecourt was the daughter of Sir John Dabridgecourt.2 She married Sir John Cokayne, son of Sir Edmund Cokayne and Elizabeth de Harthill.1 She died, without issue.1
- Her married name became Cokayne.
- Children of Jane Dabridgecourt and Sir John Cokayne
- 1.John Cokayne+2 d. 1504
- 2.William Cokayne+2
- 1.[S37] Volume 1, page 988. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- 2.[S37] See. [S37]
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p32614.htm#i326140
- Sir John Dabridgecourt, Keeper of the Tower of London & Calais Castle1,2
- M, #58614
- Father Sir Nicholas III d' Auberchicourt, Seigneur d'Auberchicourt & Bugnicourt2 b. c 1325, d. bt 1375 - 1379
- Sir John Dabridgecourt, Keeper of the Tower of London & Calais Castle married Margery de Grey, daughter of Sir Reginald de Grey, 4th Baron Grey and Maud Botetourt, before September 1378; They had 1 son (Robert) and 5 daughters (Joan, wife of Hugh Willoughby; Joan, wife of Sir John Cokayne; Marion; Agnes; & Philippe). He had 2 additional sons (illegitimate) (John; & William).1,2 Sir John Dabridgecourt, Keeper of the Tower of London & Calais Castle left a will on 20 July 1415; Requesting burial at Elvaston, Derbyshire; or in Dale Abbey, Derbyshire.1,2 His estate was probated on 8 November 1415.1,2
- Family Margery de Grey b. c 1352, d. b 3 Nov 1405
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 721.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 215-216.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1951.htm#i58614