About Joseph Nye
Served in the Revolutionary War
- Private, Major Harwood's company, Colonel Thomas Nixon's regiment; Continental Army pay accounts for service from 1/1/1780 to 12/31/1780.
- Captain Peter Clayes's company, Lieutenant-colonel Calvin Smith's (6th) regiment; return for wages for service for 1 - 12/1781.
- Captain John K. Smith's company, Lieutenant-colonel Calvin Smith's (6th) regiment; return of wages for service for 1 - 12/1782; reported absent in 8 - 9/1782.
- Return (year not given, probably 1783) of men entitled to 80 Pounds gratuity, agreeable to act of Congress of 5/15/1778, for service during the war; 2d company, 6th MA regiment.
- List of men entitled to 200 acress of land or 20 pounds in money by resolve 3/5/1801; residence, Brookfield; 6th MA regiment.
- Private, Captain Jonathan Danforth's company, Colonel Asa Whitcomb's regiment; muster roll dated in camp at Ticonderoga, 11/27/1776; enlisted 4/15/1776; reported re-engaged 11/14/1776, to servce as a Private in Captain Danforth's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment, but to remain in Colonel Whitcomb's regiment till 12/31/1776.
- Return of men raised to serve in the Continental Army from Captain Thomas Whipple's and Captain Francis Stone's companies, General Warner's (Worcester County) brigade, sworn to in Worcester County, 2/21/1778; residence New Braintree; engaged for New Braintree; joined Captain McNall's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; term 3 years or during war.
- List of men raised to serve in the Continental Army from 7th Worcester County Regiment, as returned by Colonel James Converse, dated Brookfield; residence, New Braintree; engaged for New Braintree; joined Captain Lymon's company, Colonel Lee's regiment; term 3 years.
- List of men raised to serve in the Continental Army from Captain Wm. Brakenridge's company, 4th Hampshire County, regiment, as returned by Lieutenant-colonel R. Woodbridge's, residence, Ware; engaged for Ware.
- Private, Captain C. Woodbridge's company, Colonel Calvin Smith's regiment; Continental pay accounts for service from 1/1/1777 to 12/31/1779; crredited to town of Braintree.
- Captain Israel Davis's company, Colonel Edward Wigglesworth's regiment; muster return (year not given); residence, Ware; engaged for town of Ware; mustered Captain Newell.
- Captain Davis's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; muster roll for 5/1778, dated Camp at Valley Forge.
- Same company and regiment; pay roll for 10/1778; sworn to a Providence.
- Colonel's company, commanded by Captain Lieutenant Christopher Woodbridge, late Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; muster roll for March and 4/1779; reported on command at Newtown.