Matching family tree profiles for Jabez Nye
About Jabez Nye
Served and Died in the Revolutionary War
- Private, Captain Jonathan Danforth's company, Colonel Asa Whitcomb's regiment; muster roll dated in camp at Ticonderoga, 11/27/1776; enlisted 2/1/1776
- Reported re-engaged 11/14/1776, to serve in Captain Danforth's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; but to remain in Colonel Whitcomb's regiment until 12/31/1776.
- List of men raised to serve in the Continental Army from Captain Wm. Brakenridge's company, 4th Hampshire County regiment, dated South Hadley, 5/28/1777, as returned to Lieutenant-colonel R. Woodbridge; residence, Ware; engaged for town of Ware; term, three years.
- Private, Captain C. Woodbridge's company, Colonel Calvin Smith's regiment; muster return (year not given); residence Ware; engaged for town of Ware; mustered by Captain Newell.
- Late Captain Davis's company, Colonel Wigglesworth's regiment; muster roll for 5/1778, dated Camp, Valley Forge
- Reported died 5/16/1778. (N.B. Colonel Smithe succeeded Colonel Wigglesworth in command of the regiment and pay accounts were made up at the end of the three year enlistment.)
- An act of Legislature in 1793 directs payment to Samuel Nye of Ware, father and heir of Jabez Nye, late soldier in Colonel Smith's regiment.