|Managed by:||Gwyneth McNeil|
Matching family tree profiles for Jude Allen
About Jude Allen
- Ancestors and descendants of Andrew Lee and Clarinda Knapp Allen
- 6. JUDE, b. abt. 1679, Portsmouth, N.H,, md. abt. 1707 DEBORAH LOCKE, b. abt. 1685, dau. John and Elizabeth (---) Locke of Rye, N.H. She d. 18 Sept. 1753 at her son Josiah's home in Stratham, N.H. Jude d. 16 June 1738 in Greenland, N.H. Book 106, p. 448, Rockingham Co. Rec . appears a deed given by John Allen, Jr. . of Greenland, N.H. and others to Joseph Meloon. Jr. of Greenland, in 1750, in which the following appears: "Sold to my father Jude Allen, and by reason that my father's estate is not fully settled, all we that are heirs to my father's estate will freely sign this deed." To which is appended the following children, (excepting Susanna, Eleazer, and Jethro), Samuel, Jude, Deborah, John, and Josiah. (See Locke). On 8 Dec. 1740, was executed a deed from Samuel Allen, weaver, Jude Allen, cordwainer, and Deborah Allen, spinster, all of Stratham, in the Province of New Hampshire, 'to our bro. John Allen, Jr. of Greenland, N.H. , husbandman, "in which is conveyed all ye lands, meadow ground, goods and chattels yet did belong unto our Hon. Grandfather Charles Allen, Sr. of Green-
- land. " Jude's name appears on the list of soldiers at Fort William and Mary, 1708. Children, b. at Greenland, N. H.
- 1. Jethro, b. abt. 1709; bapt. 1714 (no further trace)
- 2. SAMUEL, b. abt. 1711; bapt. 1714; was a weaver; removed about 1770 to Wakefield, N. H. from Stratham. He died at the home of his son Abner, in Wakefield, in 1808, aged 97 years. He md. abt. 1734 ANNE CLARK, b. 21 Mar. 1714-5 at Stratham, N.H. , dau. John and Ann (Smith) Clark. (See Clark). Children probably b. at Stratham, N.H. .... etc.
- 3. Jude (Jude, Charles) Allen, b. abt. 1713; bapt 1714; md. 6 Jan. 1743 Elizabeth Locke at Stratham, N. H. She died 2 Apr. 1771 at Stratham, N. H, i. Jude, md. and had child d. 23 Jan. 1764, ii. Child d. 4 June 1748. iii. Child d. abt. Feb, 1751. iv. and v. stillborn twins Feb, 1752, Jude, cordwainer 1740, and living in Stratham, N. H. in 1771.
- 4. Deborah, bapt. 1715, spinster 1740, md. bef, 1750 Nathan Goss, son of Richard and Martha (Foss) Goss, Jr.
- 5. Susanna, bapt. 1717, (no further trace).
- 6. John, Jr., bapt. 1719; liv, 1750 Greenland, N. H. md. Elizabeth Cate.
- 7. Josiah, bapt 1721; md. Mary — , who d. 1794 age 73 at Wakefield, N.H. He d, 11 Aug. 1799 at Wakefield, N. H. i. Child, d. 31 May 1755 at Stratham, N.H.
- 8. Eleazer. bapt. 1723; md. (I)---. She d. 11 Aug. 1750 at Stratham, N.H. , md. (2) Deborah ---. She d. 1803 age 95 yrs. at Deerfield, N. H. He appears at Pembroke, N.H, 1760 ; and later moved to Deerfield, N. H. , where he d. 1782. His will recorded 14 Aug, 1782, makes reference to "my dau. Deborah Ladd.")
- A history and genealogy of Captain John Locke (1627-1696) of Portsmouth and Rye, N.H., and his descendants; also of Nathaniel Locke of Portsmouth, and a short account of the history of the Lockes in England (1916?])
- F12 Capt. Joseph Locke, b. , m. in Greenland by Rev. Wm. Allen, Salome White, dau. of William. She was bapt. Sept. 30, 1711, d __. Both were received into the Greenland Church in 1718. May 13, 1713, he bought "one-fourth part of the meadow and upland fenced in at Sandy Point at a place called Dry Point." July 31, 1718, he bought rights in the town commons at New Castle, also in April 1720 and June 1723. Dec. 19, 1721, he bought land in Chester. Ensign Joseph bought land at Dry Point May 15, 1728. Jan. 7, 1730, he bought land in Rye. Nov. 17, 1722, he sold rights in Chester. Capt. Joseph bought land in Portsmouth Oct. 23, 1735. In 1739 he sold land at Dry Point and Sandy Beach Pond. Joseph, "Gent.," sold land to dau. Salomie & Jonathan Goss, Dec. 12, 1738. In 1763 he conveyed land to son Joseph and Hannah his wife, and after their death to their two sons Richard and Joshua, 30 acres. He lived at Locke's Cove, was a selectman, 1726-39, and was called Captain and Ensign. 1730-42 was moderator, and town clerk in 1739. Wallace S. Goss now lives on the homestead. "Captain Joseph Locke, of Rye, Gent., for 10000 pounds do convey to my son Jeremiah all my land 115 acres at (Locke's) Neck, one half grist Mill, tools, etc.; also Nimshi, a Molater boy until he is 30 years of age." Dated Feb. 15, 1763. .... etc.
- Children 3rd Gen. all b. in Hampton. ... etc.
- F62 Elizabeth, b. Dec. 1, 1718, m. Jan. 6, 1743, Jude Allen.
- F62 Elizabeth Locke, b. in Hampton, Dec. 1, 1718, m. Jan. 6, 1743, Jude Allen. He was b. 1714, d. Epsom, 1793. She d. before 1776, and he m. 2nd, 1776, Dorcas (Marden) Mowe and had : Elizabeth Locke Allen, bapt. Apl. 19, 1778, m. Nov. 10, 1803, Simon Locke, F340.
- First wife's children of 4th Gen.
- 301 Nathaniel, bapt. July 12, 1747.
- 302 Jude, bapt. Sept. 18, 1743, d. 1751.
- 303 Joshua, bapt. Aug. 9, 1761.
- F304 Salome, bapt. 1771 a twin, m. Feb. 4, 1779 John Brown. She d. 1852.
- 305 (?) bapt. 1771 a twin.
Jude Allen's Timeline
January 3, 1793
July 14, 1898
September 19, 1900
February 24, 1933
August 19, 1947