Matching family tree profiles for Lady Alice Knyvett
view all 25
About Lady Alice Knyvett
- Alice Grey1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- F, #27471, b. circa 1435, d. 4 April 1474
- Father John Grey, Esq.3,2,4,6,8 b. c 1414, d. 8 Dec 1447
- Mother Elizabeth3,2,4,6,8 b. c 1415, d. a 8 Dec 1447
- Alice Grey was born circa 1435 at of Barwell, Leicestershire, England.3,2 She married Sir William Knyvett, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Burgess of Melcombe, Bletchingley, & Grantham, Constable of Rising Castle, son of John Knyvet, Esq., Justice of the Peace for Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, & Norfolk and Alice Lynne, circa 1455; They had 1 son (Sir Edmund) and 3 daughters (Bennet; Anne, wife of John Thwaites, Esq; & Elizabeth).3,4,5,6,7 Alice Grey died on 4 April 1474; Buried at Buckenham, Norfolk.2,4,6
- Family Sir William Knyvett, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Burgess of Melcombe, Bletchingley, & Grantham, Constable of Rising Castle b. c 1440, d. 25 Nov 1515 or 2 Dec 1515
- Sir Edmund Knyvett+9,4,6 d. 1504
- Anne Knyvett+2 b. c 1456
- [S8520] Unknown author, Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 121; The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants, by Gary Boyd Roberts, p. 161.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 367.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 482.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 318-319.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 175-179.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 175-176.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 414.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 413.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 367-368.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p915.htm#i27471
- Alice GREY
- Born: 1415, Buckenham, Norfolk, England
- Died: 4 Apr 1474
- Father: John GREY (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Constance HOLLAND
- Married: William KNYVETT (Sir Knight) ABT 1461
- 1. Edmund KNYVETT of Buckham (Sir Knight)
- 2. Elizabeth KNYVETT
- 3. Edward KNYVETT
- 4. Anne KNYVETT
- From: http://tudorplace.com.ar/GREY3.htm#Alice GREY2
- Alice Grey Knyvett
- Birth: 1415 Norfolk, England
- Death: Apr. 4, 1474 Norfolk, England
- Daughter of John Grey, Esq. of Kempston, the eldest son of sir Reginald, 3rd Baron Grey de Ruthyn.
- First wife of Sir William Knyvett, the son of John Knyvett and Alice Lynne, Sheriff of Norfolk and Suffolk, Constable of Rising Castle. They had the following children:
- Sir Edmund Knyvett, married Eleanor Tyrell
- Anne Knyvett, married John Thwaites
- Elizabeth Knyvett
- After Alice died, Sir William would become the second husband of Lady Joan Stafford, the daughter of Humphrey Stafford and Lady Anne Neville, and have three sons and three daughters. His third marriage would be to Lady Joan Courtenay, the daughter of Thomas de Courtenay and Lady Margaret Beaufort.
- Bio by Anne Stevens
- Family links:
- William Knyvet (____ - 1515)*
- Edmund Knyvet (1462 - 1504)*
- Find A Grave Memorial# 64489740
- Burial: All Saints Churchyard, Old Buckenham, Breckland Borough, Norfolk, England
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=64489740
- Sir William Knyvett (c. 1440 – 2 December 1515) was an English knight in the late Middle Ages. He was the son of John Knyvet and Alice Lynne, and assumed the titles of Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Burgess of Melcombe, Bletchingley, & Grantham, Constable of Rising Castle.
- Sir William married three times. The first was to Alice Grey, daughter of John Grey, Esq., of Kempston, eldest son of Reginald Grey, 3rd Baron Grey de Ruthyn by his second wife, Joan Astley; by whom he had issue. His second marriage was to Lady Joan Stafford, daughter of Humphrey Stafford, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Lady Anne Neville, by whom he had issue. His final marriage was to Lady Joan Courtenay, the daughter of Thomas de Courtenay, 5th Earl of Devon, a friend of York, and his wife, Lady Margaret Beaufort; they had no issue.
- Sir William Knyvett died December 2, 1515 in Wymondham, Norfolk.
- His children by his first wife, Alice Grey, were Sir Edmund Knyvett of Buckenham, who married Eleanor Tyrrell; Anne Knyvett who married John Thwaites, Esq.; Bennet Knyvett; and Elizabeth Knyvett. By his second wife, Lady Joan Stafford, Knyvett had three sons including Sir Edward Knyvett and Charles Knyvett; along with three daughters including Anne Knyvett who married Charles Clifford, Esq.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_William_Knyvett
view all 19
Lady Alice Knyvett's Timeline
Barwell, Leicestershire, England
Of Buckenham Castle, Norfolk, England
Buckenham, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
of Buckenham Cas, Norfolk, England
Of Buckenham Cas, Norfolk, Engl
Of Buckenham Cas, Norfolk, Engl
April 4, 1474