Matching family tree profiles for Luke Perkins
view all 23
About Luke Perkins
Find A Grave Memorial# 111948648; http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=111948648
- Birth: 1641 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, USA
- Death: Mar. 20, 1709 in Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, USA
- Luke Perkins was born in 1640/1641, probably in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire,
- the son of Abraham and Mary (Wyeth or Wise) Perkins.
- An indenture dated 4th mo. 3d day 1654, states that Luke Perkins, aged about 'fortene' with the consent of his parents puts himself apprentice to Samuel Carter, shoemaker, both of Charlestown.
- Luke married Mrs. Hannah Cookery (widow of Henry Cookery) on 9 March 1662/63, in Charlestown, Mass.
- She was born March 3, 1636/7 at Charlestown, the daughter of Robert Long by his second wife, Elizabeth Roberts.
- Hannah was admitted to the First Church at Charlestown on 29 March 1668.
- John who died young
- Luke who died young
- Luke who married Martha Conant
- Elizabeth who married Nicholas Lobdell
- Hannah who married Richard Way
- Luke served in Capt. Thomas Prentice's Company, listed on a treasurer's report dated 24 April 1676, under the command of Lt. Edward Oakes. He was paid 19 shillings, 8 pence.
- Luke Perkins died at Charlestown on 20 March 1709/10.
- His son, Luke Perkins of Ipswich, was appointed administrator of the estate on 12 March 1712/13. Inventory: House 62 pounds, personal property 17 pounds. In the account of administration, widow Hannah was named, also son Luke, grandchild Elisabeth daughter of Jeremiah Wright, and Sarah daughter of William Emery.
- His burial site is thought to be in Copp's Hill Burial Ground with headstones no longer there.
- Hannah died at Charlestown 16 November 1715.
- Luke Perkins of Plympton, as administrator of the estates of his father and mother, sold the old homestead in Charlestown the year his mother died.
- Sources Not Listed Above:
- Joseph W. Porter, An Account of Part of the Family of Abraham Perkins of Hampton NH, who lived in Plymouth County, Mass., NEHGR, Vol. 50, 1896
- Asa W. Brown, Perkins Family of Hampton, NH, NEHGR, 1858, Volume 12
- Family links:
- Abraham Perkins (1608 - 1683)
- Mary Wythe Perkins (1618 - 1706)
- Spouse: Hannah Long Perkins (1637 - 1715)
- Burial: Unknown
view all 12
Luke Perkins's Timeline
Hampton, Massachusetts Bay Colony
November 13, 1663
May 10, 1664
March 18, 1668
Charlestown, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
April 15, 1670
April 15, 1670
May 28, 1672
December 9, 1673
Charlestown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
April 5, 1676