Mary Elizabeth Betsy Lee (Miller)
|Also Known As:||"Elizabeth", "Mary Elizabeth", "Betsy"|
|Death:||Died in Ballston, Arlington, VA, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Mary Elizabeth Betsy Lee
About Mary Elizabeth Betsy Lee
2nd Wife of Richard Henry Lee:
Mary Elizabeth Betsy Miller 1746 - 1792
1. William MILLER LEE 1769 - 1852
2. Richard E. LEE 1770 -
3. Jehu Gehew Lehew LEE 1774 - 1848
4. Barnett Philander LEE 1776 - 1840
5. Agnes LEE 1778 -
6. Arthur LEE 1779 -1779
7. Stephen LEE 1781 -
Descendants of Richard Henry Lee
Generation No. 1
1. RICHARD HENRY21 LEE (RICHARD20, WILLIAM19, RICHARD18, JOHN17 LEE OR LYES CLOTHIER, RICHARD16 LEE, JOHN15, HUMPHREY14, THOMAS OR DE LEA13, JOHN OR DE LEA12, JOHN OR DE LEA11, ROGER10, JOHN9, JOHN OR DE LEA8, THOMAS7, THOMAS DE LA LEA DE LEA6, JOHN DE LA LEA DE LEA5, REGINALD REYNOR DE LA LEA DE LEA4, HUGO3 DE LEGA, FULK I2 FITZWARIN, WARIN1 DE METZ) was born 1710 in Northumberland, Virginia, USA, and died 1792 in Jackson, Tennessee, USA. He married (1) MARY GRESHAM OR GRISHAM. She was born Abt. 1709 in , , Va, and died 1767 in Buckingham Co., Va. He married (2) MARY ELIZABETH BETSY MILLER. She was born Abt. 1746 in Delaware, and died 1792 in Ballston, Va.
Children of RICHARD LEE and MARY MILLER are:
- WILLIAM MILLER LEE, b. 01 Jul 1769, Buckingham co., VA; d. 1852, Rusk County, Texas.
- RICHARD E. LEE, b. Abt. 1770, Buckingham co., VA; m. MARY DAVENPORT; b. Abt. 1775, Washington County, VA. More About MARY DAVENPORT: Christening: 5 or 6 boys and as many girls
- JEHU GEHEW LEHEW LEE, b. Abt. 1774, Buckingham co., VA; d. Abt. 1848, Gainsboro, Jackson County, Tennessee.
- BARNETT PHILANDER LEE, b. Abt. 1776, Buckingham co., VA; d. Aft. 1840, ?.
- ARTHUR LEE, b. Abt. 1779, Buckingham co., VA; d. Child
Transcript of the Miller Lee letter as it appears in the book on Gresham Lee by R.E. Lee. The transcript was provided to R.E. Lee by a Barbara L. McKelvey, a Miller Lee descendant.
Rusk City March 30, 1850
I, Miller Lee, was born on the first day of July 1769 in Buckingham Co. in the State of Virginia. My father's name was Richard Lee, raised in Buckingham Co. and lived there most of his life until just before he died. He moved to Ballston, near Arlington, Va. There my mother died. He then moved to Jackson, Tn. where he died. His father came from England, his mother from Wales. My mother's name before marriage was Elizabeth Miller. Her father and mother were from Germany. She was born in the State of Delaware and she moved to Virginia. The Indians killed her father. Her mother died when she was about 12 years of age. She was my father's second wife. Richard was the first child, then Miller, John, Barnett, Agnes, Arthur who died at three weeks of age, then Stephen, the last. My wife's father was James Carson. Her mother before marriage was Mary Helm. They were raised nearby so to the north. Her parents moved to Campbell Co. Va. There James Carson died. His widow went to West Tenn. There she died at about 94 years of age. James Carson was 70. My wife before marriage was Margaret Carson. We were married in Campbell Co., Va. on 6th of Jan. 1798. About a year later moved to Logan Co. in a few more years to Butler Co. Lived there about 12 years. Then back to Logan Co. on or near the "Big Whipporwill." Lived there three years, then to Christian Co. There we buried our 8th child, 11 months old. Stayed there three years. Had another son and in the Fall of 1818 moved to Tallageda Co. Last of Feb. A.D. 1847 moved to Caddo Parish, La. Then last of Jan. 1848, moved to Rusk Co. on or near Main Rabbit Creek.
A note by the transcriber says: "Miller Lee was 81 when he wrote the letter and adds that there is more in the letter but no names or dates."
Mary Elizabeth Betsy Lee's Timeline
July 1, 1769
Buckingham County, Province of Virginia
Buckingham Co., Virginia
Buckingham County, Virginia
October 12, 1777
Buckingham County, Virginia, United States
Virginia, United States
Buckingham, VA, USA
Buckingham, VA, USA
Ballston, Arlington, VA, USA