Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Fairfield
About Sarah Fairfield
Sarah Skipper was born about 1640 in Massachusetts, and died 18 Dec 1711. She was the daughter of 2. William Skepper (Rev) and 3. Sarah Fisher.
- Ensign Walter Fairfield, son of John and Elizabeth Fairfield, on 28 December 1654.
Children who survived to adulthood included
- Sarah was b. 24 Dec 1655 in Reading, MA and died 27 Nov 1742 in Enfield, CT. She married Thomas Abbe in 1683
- Elizabeth was b. 9 Aug 1666 in Wenham, MA and died 31 Jan 1737 in Beverly, MA. She married Benjamin Balch in 1690.
Her gravestone is now lost. Undertaker Wellington Pool recorded that her stone was located at the top of the hill in the old yard of Wenham cemetery, with the inscription "In memory of Sarah Fairfield, wife to Walter Fairfield, decd. Decr ye 18th 1710 in ye 71st year of her age."
From Richardson, Douglas (2011) Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd Ed., Vol. III, p. 217
18. [Rev.] WILLIAM SKEPPER (or SKIPPER), younger son by his father's 2nd marriage, baptized at Boston, Lincolnshire 27 Nov. 1597. He obtained a B.A. degree at Sidney College, Cambridge University, 1617-8. He served a Rector of Thorpe-in-the-Marsh, Lincolnshire, 1630-8. He married (1st) _____. They had three sons, John, Theophilus (1st of name), and Theophilus (2nd of name), and four daughters, Elizabeth (wife of Zachariah Phillips), Mary, Jane (wife of Abraham Brown), Katherine (wife of John Maverick and John Johnson). He married (2nd) at Boston, Lincolnshire 17 Jan. 1638/9 SARAH FISHER. They had one daughter, Sarah (wife of Walter Fairfield). He and his family immigrated to New England in 1639, where he died intestate sometime before 1646.
- Reference: Find A Grave Memorial - SmartCopy: Apr 8 2017, 22:51:19 UTC
Sarah Fairfield's Timeline
Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts
December 24, 1655
Reading, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts
October 14, 1662
Reading, Middlesex, Massachusetts
August 9, 1666
Wenham, Essex, MA, USA