Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Fuller
About Sarah Fuller
- Birth: 1625, Elizabeth City County, Virginia
- Death: Mar. 14, 1694, Berkeley County, South Carolina
- Parents: Nicholas Martiau & Jane his 2nd wife
- Spouse: William Fuller
Sarah Martiau (great aunt to George Washington by way of her sister Elizabeth who married Colonel George Reade).
Also descended from the Reades were Robert E Lee and Thomas Nelson (a signer of the Declaration of Independence).
From another sister Mary who married Lt. Colonel John Scarsbrooke was descended Elizabeth Bowes-Lyons (Queen Elizabeth 2nd of Great Britain).
Source - http://hagen.familyfiles.info/1704.htm.
- William Fuller (1609 - 1695)
- Ezekiel Fuller (1675 - 1722)*
- Elizabeth Martiau Reade (1615 - 1686)*
- Sarah Martiau Fuller (1625 - 1694)
- Calculated relationship
- Old Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church Cemetery
- Charleston County
- South Carolina, USA
Edit Virtual Cemetery info [?]
Created by: Jack Mitchell Record added: Aug 14, 2013 Find A Grave Memorial# 115456611
1656-57: will of Nicholas Martineau dated March 1, 1656 - 7, and proved April 4, 1757, names three daughters:
- Elizabeth, his eldest daughter was the wife of George Reade;
- Mary married John Scasbrook, of York County; and
- Sarah married Captain William Fuller, distinguished Puritan governor of Maryland.
These daughters were probably by the second wife, Jane, widow of Edward Berkeley. Martieau's French wife and children probably did not survive "the seasoning period." Nicholas was the common ancestor of George Washington, Robert E. Lee and many other eminent Virginians.
Sarah Fuller's Timeline
Elizabeth City County, Virginia Colony, Colonial America
Ann Arundel, Maryland, United States
Ann Arundel, Maryland
Isle of Wight County, Virginia, United States
Newport Parish, Isle of Wight County, Virginia Colony
March 14, 1695
Berkeley County, South Carolina, Colonial America