Matching family tree profiles for Sir Anthony Vincent, 2nd Baronet Vincent, of D'Abernon
About Sir Anthony Vincent, 2nd Baronet Vincent, of D'Abernon
Sir Anthony Vincent, b.1594, 2nd Bart of Stoke D'Abernon, Sheriff of Surrey and Sussex suffered with other loyalists in the civil wars; m. Elizabeth, da. of sir Arthur Acland, knt., (daughter of his stepmother, Elizabeth Mallet) and was succeeded by his son, Sir FRANCIS, who was member for Dover in the long parliament of Charles ll.
He was invested as a Knight on 11 September 1617.1 He held the office of High Sheriff of Sussex from 1626 to 1627.1 He held the office of High Sheriff of Surrey from 1626 to 1627.1 He succeeded to the title of 2nd Baronet Vincent, of D'Abernon, co. Surrey [E., 1620] in 1640.1. Died 1642. Will probated 1656.
- [S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 94. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
- John Debrett, William Courthope, Debrett's Baronetage of England, Edition 7, Printed for J.G. & F. Rivington, 1835, p. 25.
- Complete baronetage ed. by G. E. Cockayne. Vol l (1661-1625) published 1900 by W. Pollard in Exeter . Written in English. Page 181
- The baronetage of England, or, The history of the English baronets, and such ... By William Betham (rev.), rev. William Betham. Page 202.
- The visitation of the county of Devon in the year 1620 Sir Henry Saint-George Publication: Harleian Society, 1872 Page: p. 295