Sir Thomas 2nd Baron of Bryn Gerard of Bryn (Baronet) (Gerard), Second Baron of Bryn
|Birthplace:||Bryn, Lancashire, England|
|Death:||Died in Winwick Parish, New Hall, Lancashire, England|
|Place of Burial:||England, United Kingdom|
Son of Thomas Gerard, Sir, MP, 1st Baronet of Bryn and Cecily Gerard
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir Thomas Gerard, 2nd Baronet Gerard of Bryn
About Sir Thomas Gerard, 2nd Baronet Gerard of Bryn
From the book "The Baronetage of England," printed for John Stockdale, published 1806. Sir Thomas Gerard married Frances, daughter of Sir Richard Molineaux, Baronet. they had six sons and one daughter Frances. 1. William. 2. Richard. 3.Gilbert 4.Peter. 5. Thomas 6. John. The last four sons died unmarried. Sir Thomas was succeeded by his eldest son, Sir William.
Sir Thomas Gerard, 2nd Bt. is the son of Sir Thomas Gerard, 1st Bt. and Cecily Maney.2 He married Frances Molyneux, daughter of Sir Richard Molyneux, 1st Bt..1 He died on 15 May 1630.1
Sir Thomas Gerard, 2nd Bt. succeeded to the title of 2nd Baronet Gerard, of Bryn, co. Palatine of Lancaster [E., 1611] circa February 1620/21.1 He was Member of Parliament (M.P.) Liverpool in 1624.1
Children of Sir Thomas Gerard, 2nd Bt. and Frances Molyneux Sir William Gerard, 3rd Bt.+2
- Dr. Thomas Gerard2 d. 1673
- Anne Gerard+3 b. c 1610, d. c 1637
- Richard Gerard+2 b. Oct 1612, d. 5 Sep 1686
- [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1536. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- [S4555] Meg McGath, "re: Gerard Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 30 March 2010. Hereinafter cited as "re: Gerard Family."
- ID: I244244
- Name: Thomas [@] Gerard
- Sex: M
- Birth: ABT 1540 in Ashton, Lancashire, England
- Death: ABT 11 JAN 1629 in Winwick Parish, New Hall, Lancashire, England
Father: William [@] Gerard b: 19 JUN 1518 in Newhall, Ashton, Under Lym, Lancashire, England
Mother: Constance Rowson b: 1537 in England
Marriage 1 Jane b: 1542 in England
1. Has Children John [@] Gerard b: ABT 1585 in New Hall, Lancashire, England
"Of Newhall, Ashton-In-Makerfield, Lancaster, England"
Sir Thomas Gerard, 2nd Baronet Gerard of Bryn's Timeline
Bryn, Lancashire, England
New Hall, Ashton-In-Makefield, Lancashire, England
December 10, 1608
Down, , Ireland