Matching family tree profiles for Sir Walter Herbert, Kt.
view all 36
About Sir Walter Herbert, Kt.
- Sir Walter Herbert1,2,3
- M, #55355, b. circa 1458, d. 16 September 1507
- Father Sir William Herbert, 1st Earl Pembroke, 1st Lord Herbert, Sheriff of Glamorgan & Morgannock, Chief Justice of North & South Wales4 b. c 1423, d. 27 Jul 1469
- Mother Anne Devereux4 b. c 1433, d. a 25 Jun 1486
- Sir Walter Herbert was born circa 1458 at of Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, England.4 He married Anne Stafford, daughter of Sir Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke Buckingham, 7th Earl of Stafford, 8th Lord Stafford and Katherine Wydeville, circa 1490.5,1,2,3 Sir Walter Herbert died on 16 September 1507 at of Raglan, Monmouthshire, Wales.1,3
- Family Anne Stafford d. a 24 Mar 1544
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 374.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 85.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 370-371.
- 4.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 387.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1842.htm#i55355
- Sir Walter Herbert1
- M, #107555, d. 16 December 1507
- Last Edited=27 Mar 2009
- Sir Walter Herbert married Lady Anne Stafford, daughter of Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham and Katherine Woodville, in 1503.1,2 He died on 16 December 1507 executed.1,3,2
- 1.[S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Families: The Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 130. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Families.
- 2.[S3470] Marian Hastings, "re: Hastings Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 31 Deember 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Hastings Family."
- 3.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume VI, page 655. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p10756.htm#i107555
- Walter HERBERT (Sir Knight)
- Born: ABT 1440, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales
- Died: 23 Apr 1459 / 16 Sep 1507
- Father: William HERBERT (1º E. Pembroke)
- Mother: Anne DEVEREUX (C. Pembroke)
- Married 1: ¿?
- 1. Elizabeth HERBERT
- Married 2: Anne STAFFORD (C. Huntingdon)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HERBERT1.htm#Walter HERBERT (Sir Knight)1
- Lady Anne Hastings (née Stafford) (c. 1483–1544) was the daughter of Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham, and Lady Katherine Woodville. She was the wife of Sir Walter Herbert, and George Hastings, 1st Earl of Huntingdon, and served in the household of King Henry VIII's daughter, Princess Mary, the future Queen Mary I.
- Lady Anne Stafford, born around 1483, the year her father was executed for treason by order of King Richard III, was the daughter of Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham, and Katherine Woodville, sister to Elizabeth Woodville, queen consort of King Edward IV.
- By her father's marriage to Katherine Woodville, Anne Stafford had two brothers, Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham, and Henry Stafford, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, and a sister, Elizabeth, who married Robert Radcliffe, 1st Earl of Sussex.
- After the execution of the 2nd Duke of Buckingham, his widow, Katherine Woodville, married Jasper Tudor, uncle of King Henry VII. Katherine Woodville died on 18 May 1497. Her mother cared for Anne until her marriage in 1503.
- When Anne's first husband, Sir Walter Herbert, died in 1507, Anne, then only 20 years of age, turned over control of her jointure, which included Raglan Castle in Wales, to her brother, Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham. Anne resided in her brother's household at Thornbury until her second marriage to George Hastings in 1509.
- In 1510, shortly after her second marriage, Anne was ....
- Anne Stafford married firstly, in 1503, Sir Walter Herbert (d. 16 September 1507), an illegitimate son of William Herbert, 1st Earl of Pembroke. The marriage was childless.
- She married secondly, in December 1509, George Hastings, 1st Earl of Huntingdon. They had five son and three daughters ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Hastings,_Countess_of_Huntingdon
- William Herbert, 1st Earl of Pembroke KG (c. 1423 – 27 July 1469), known as "Black William", was the son of William ap Thomas, founder of Raglan Castle, and Gwladys ferch Dafydd Gam, and grandson of Dafydd Gam, an adherent ....
- He married Anne Devereux, daughter of Walter Devereux, Lord Chancellor of Ireland and Elizabeth Merbury. They had at least ten children:
- William Herbert, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (5 March 1451 – 16 July 1491).
- Sir Walter Herbert. (c. 1452 - d. 16 September 1507) Married Anne Stafford, sister to the Duke of Buckingham.
- Sir George Herbert of St. Julians.
- Philip Herbert of Lanyhangel.
- Cecilie Herbert.
- Maud Herbert, Countess of Northumberland. Married Henry Percy, 4th Earl of Northumberland.
- Katherine Herbert. Married George Grey, 2nd Earl of Kent.
- Anne Herbert. Married John Grey, 1st Baron Grey of Powis, 9th Lord of Powys (died 1497).
- Isabel Herbert. Married Sir Thomas Cokesey.
- Margaret Herbert. Married first Thomas Talbot, 2nd Viscount Lisle and secondly Sir Henry Bodringham.
- William had three illegitimate sons but the identities of their mothers are unconfirmed:
- Sir Richard Herbert of Ewyas. Father of William Herbert, 1st Earl of Pembroke (10th Creation). Probably son of Maud, daughter of Adam ap Howell Graunt (Gwynn).
- Sir George Herbert. The son of Frond verch Hoesgyn. Married Sybil Croft.
- Sir William Herbert of Troye. Son of Frond verch Hoesgyn. Married, second, Blanche Whitney (née Milborne) see Blanche Herbert, Lady Troy. They had two sons.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Herbert,_1st_Earl_of_Pembroke_(8th_Creation)
view all 11
Sir Walter Herbert, Kt.'s Timeline
Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Caldicot, Monmouthshire, Wales, (Present UK)
September 16, 1507
Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales
January 28, 1941
February 9, 1941
June 13, 1953