|Birthplace:||of Kendall, Westmoreland, England|
|Death:||Died in England|
Son of John Middleton and Elizabeth Metcalfe
|Managed by:||Ken Jon Schonberg|
About Thomas Middleton, of Middleton
- Twin to Reginald.
- parents: John MIDDLETON & daughter Metcalfe
- Isabel Musgrave. She was the daughter of Richard MUSGRAVE b: 1398 & Elizabeth BETHAM b: in Betham Castle
- Mabel MIDDLETON
- Margaret MIDDLETON b: C. 1420
- Elizabeth MIDDLETON
- Agnes MIDDLETON
- Reginald MIDDLETON
- Geoffrey MIDDLETON
- Richard MIDDLETON
- Robert MIDDLETON
- Thomas MIDDLETON
- a son MIDDLETON
- Foster's Visitation Pedigrees of Cumberland and Westmorland. "Middleton, of Middleton Hall."
- "The House of Commons, 1422-1504" by L. Clark; draft bio of Richard Musgrave.
- "Baronetage of England" by Betham. "Musgrave of Eden Hall, Cumberland."
- C.W.A.A.S., T.S., 1906, "The Beetham Repository" - "Family of the Duckets" by William Hutton.
- Foster's Visitation of Yorkshire in 1584/5 and 1612. "Musgrave."
- Burke's genealogical and heraldic history of the landed gentry, Volume 2 By John Burke
- Pg. 1066
- In the reign or RICHARD II., the Preston Richard estate was carried out of the male line by the daughter of Richard de Preston, who died without issue male; but his brother, SIR JOHN DE PRESTON, one of the judges of the Court of Common Pleas, who resigned his office 6th HENRY VI., in consequences of his great age and infirmities, succeeded to the manor of Preston Patrick; and about the same time the family became possessed of the manor of Nether Levens. Third in descent from the judge was JOHN PRESTON, Esq. of Preston Hall and Nether Levens, who m. Margaret,* dau. of Sir Richard Redmayne, of Harewood Castle, co York, and Over Levens Hall, co Westmoreland. The grandson and heir of this gentleman, JOHN PRESTON, Esq. of Preston Hall and Nether Levens Hall, Westmoreland, and of the Manor and Abbey of Furness, Lancashire, b. in 1511, m. Margaret, (or, according to some pedigrees, Helen,) sister to Sir Thomas Curwen, of Workington, in Cumberland.
- * By Margaret, dau. of Thomas Middleton, Esq. of Middleton, by Isabel, dau. of Sir Richard Musgrave, of Hartley Castle, great-grandson of Sir Thomas de Musgrave and to Elizabeth, dau. of Sir William de Fitzwilliam, of Sprotburgh, by Inaud, dau. to Edward, Lord D'Eyncourt.
- Thomas Middleton, Esq.1
- M, #33803, b. circa 1427
- Father John Middleton
- Mother (Miss) Medcalfe
- Thomas Middleton, Esq. was born circa 1427 at of Middleton Hall, Westmoreland, England.2 He married Isabel Musgrave, daughter of Sir Richard Musgrave and Elizabeth Beetham, circa 1450.2
- Family Isabel Musgrave b. c 1430
- Robert Middleton b. c 1452
- Mabel Middleton+ b. c 1454
- Richard Middleton b. c 1454
- Agnes Middleton b. c 1456
- (Mr.) Middleton b. c 1460
- Sir Geoffrey Middleton+2 b. c 1462
- Reginald Middleton b. c 1464
- Thomas Middleton b. c 1466
- Elizabeth Middleton b. c 1468
- 1.[S10531] Unknown author, Burke's Commoners, Vol. I, p. 479; Wallop Family, p. 642.
- 2.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1126.htm#i33803
Thomas Middleton, of Middleton's Timeline
Middleton, Westmoreland, England
of Kendall, Westmoreland, England
Harwood Castle, Yorkshire, England
Middleton, Westmoreland, England
Middleton, Westmoreland , England