Katten (the Cat) 1649 -
Belonged to the Crown. She brought about. 20 guns and had a crew of approx. 50 men.
- Left Stockholm July 3, 1649
- Never reached New Sweden
This ship was damaged off the Coast of Porto Rico, captured by Spaniards and then burned. The colonists were taken to the island. Many women and children died in captivity. In all, nineteen of the colonists besides some soldiers and sailors who were able to escape from Porto Rico, returned to Sweden.
Divers have found the scattered remains of the 200 ton swedish warship that foundered and sank on the coral shallows off Palominos Island, 2 miles off Puerto Rico's eastern shore.
- Cornelius Lucifer, Captain
- Måns Bengtsson,shipmate
- Jan Jansson Bockhorn, second mate
Passengers & Soldiers
- Hans Amundson Besk, Commander - and wife and children, in all 7 — All escaped and returned to Sweden
- Matthias Nertunius, Reverend — Escaped and returned to Sweden. Eventually returned to the New Sweden colony, probably on the Mercurius 1655, listed as Reverend Mathias.
- Joachim Lycke, bookeeper — Escaped and returned to Sweden
- Johan Jonson Rudberus - with wife — Johan escaped and returned to Sweden
- Timon Stidden, barber-surgeon - with wife and two* children — All escaped and returned to Sweden — [*Some Sources report 5 children.]
- Per Larsson Bryggiare, brewer - born in Reduegs district — Escaped and returned to Sweden
- Swen Hackeson Brad - born in Iland » [Probably the same person as Sven Hakansson Brodd who returned on the Haj in 1654]
- Jan Jansson Bockhorn, mate
- Joran Duffua, gunner - with wife and two children; a boy and a little daughter
- Hans Parson - with wife
- Guune Turckelson Timmerman, carpenter - with wife and 2 children, born in Sivedaheiat.
- Olufson Roth, gunner - born in Gioteborg
- Tolle Anderson Kiempe - born in Uddewal
- Pär Anderson Snickare, jr - born in Gioteborg
- Pär Johanson Rutare (trooper) - born in Kynna district
- Oluf Benckson Hiort - born in Swedish "hysing"
- Oll Hakeson Buur - born in Mandaal
- Olff Swensson Repslagare, ropemaker - born in Uddewal
- Måns Josephson Falcke - born in Angermanland
- Beria Parson Ugla - born in Tesberg parish
- Håken Larson Skoster - born in Kynna district
- Erik Andersson Drake - born in Angar parish
- Gösta Parsson Krabbe - born Angar parish
- Anders Carlson Gedda - born in Gioteborg
- Lars Olofsson - with wife and a daughter and two boys - born in Nerikie
- Jon Olofsson - born in Wermerland
- Anders Parson Kiarma - born in Vesberg parish
- Daniel Olufson Buurman - born in Stockholm
- Björn Toolfson Flygare - born in Vesberg parish
- Börje Hakensen Rennare - born in Vesberg parish
- Oluf Tjorberson Sachtmodig - born in Sio parish
- Hendrich Benckson Buller - born in Danish "hysing"
- Printe Nielson Jeagare - born in Gioteborg
- Ingrij Par's daughter - born in Lundby parish
- Sigrij Oluff's daughter - born in Borg parish
- Britha Oluff's daughter - born in Borg parish
- Karin Par's daughter - born in Osterbatn in Vass
- Sigri Niels's daughter - born in Langland parish
- Margareth Hans's daughter - born in Bolnes parish
- Annika Hans's daughter - born in Finland
- Maria Benck's daughter - born in Arbaga
- Margaretha Niels's daughter - born in Vesberg parish
- Karin Niels's daughter - born in Vesberg Parish
- Cristin Jons's daughter - born Bongsund
- Ingrij Lars's daughter - born Bongsund
- Brita Swen's daughter - born in Mariestadh
- Anna Lars's daughter - born in Sioo parish
- Wife Elie Oluff's daughter, with a little child born in Skara
- Ingebar Banc's daughter - born "pa hysing"