Celebrity chefs are a kitchen chefs who have become famous and well known. Today celebrity chefs often become celebrities by presenting cookery advice and demonstrations via mass media, especially television. Several chefs have been credited with being the first celebrity chef, among them historically Bartolomeo Scappi and Marie-Antoine Carême.
List of celebrity chefs
- Mario Batali, American chef, restaurateur, author, and television personality, best-known for his expertise in Italian cuisine
- Anthony Bourdain, American chef, author and television personality, best-known as the host of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
- Julia Child, American chef, author, and television personality, best known for introducing French cuisine to the American mainstream
- Tom Colicchio, American chef, restaurateur, author, and television personality. co-founder of the Gramercy Tavern, best-known as the head judge the show Top Chef
- Paula Deen, American chef, restaurateur, and author, and and television personality, best-known from the show Paula's Home Cooking.
- Alain Ducasse, Monégasque chef and restaurateur
- Bobby Flay, American chef, restaurateur, and television personality, host for several Food Network television programs
- Nobuyuki Matsuhisa, Japanese chef, author, and restaurateur, best-known for his fusion cuisine
- Wolfgang Puck, Austrian chef, author, restaurateur, and businessman
- Gordon Ramsay, British chef, television personality, and restaurateur, best-know as the host of several cooking television programs, including Hell's Kitchen
- Rachael Ray, American chef, television personality, businesswoman, and author, best-known as the host of Rachael Ray
- William Kitchiner His name was a household word during the 19th century, and his 1822 cookbook, The Cook's Oracle, was a bestseller in England and the United States