Start My Family Tree Welcome to Geni, home of the world's largest family tree.
Join Geni to explore your genealogy and family history in the World's Largest Family Tree.
view all

Profiles

  • Mart Niit (1844 - d.)
    Sünd Saaga EAA.1245.1.298:61?118,759,1238,134,0 PR Saaga EAA.1245.1.305:160?27,532,2269,355,0 Lääne-Nigula kogudus 1858-1870 PR: Samara 1871 Personaalraamat (Oru, Räägu, Kärbla, Auaste, ...; EAA.12...
  • Andrus Niit (1849 - d.)
    Sünd Saaga EAA.1245.1.298:125?110,748,1232,147,0 PR Saaga EAA.1245.1.305:160?27,532,2269,355,0 Lääne-Nigula kogudus 1858-1870 PR: Samara 1871 Personaalraamat (Oru, Räägu, Kärbla, Auaste, ...; EAA.1...
  • Anna Maria Niit (1852 - d.)
    Sünd Saaga EAA.1245.1.298:167?113,984,1258,140,0 PR: Samara 1871 Personaalraamat (Oru, Räägu, Kärbla, Auaste, ...; EAA.1245.1.311; 1871-1935 Estonian resettlers in southern regions of the Russian E...
  • Andrus Niit (1814 - d.)
    Sünd Saaga EAA.1245.2.5:70?62,553,1312,103,0 Abielu Saaga EAA.1245.1.301:151?1082,550,911,179,0 1836 a. PR Saaga EAA.1245.1.304:253?30,799,1083,637,0 Lääne-Nigula kogudus 1838-1857 PR Saaga EAA.1...
  • Tiiu Niit (1814 - d.)
    Sünd Saaga EAA.1245.2.5:69?1399,1946,1291,140,0 Abielu Saaga EAA.1245.1.301:151?1082,550,911,179,0 1836 a. PR Saaga EAA.1245.1.304:253?30,799,1083,637,0 Lääne-Nigula kogudus 1838-1857

This project is about Estonian settlers of the Volga region, and their descendants ( Samara, Simbirski and Saratov provinces) from 1855 up to nowadays.

Siia kuuluksid need eestlased, kes aegade jooksul Eestist välja rännanud Samara, Simbirski ja Saratovi kubermangu (1855 aastast kuni tänapäevani.)

Этот проект об эстонских переселенцах Поволжья и их потомках (Самарской, Симбирской и Саратовской Губернии). (с 1855 года до настоящего времени) (для информации на русском - поменяйте язык)

Estonians of the Volga region (Ida Aule home page)

(http://www.folklore.ee/estonka/files/index.php?id=107&keel=eng)

Emigration

Estonians began emigrating to sparsely populated areas of Russia in the mid-1850s. This process intensified from the 1860s when the residence location change was legalised. The first resettlers of that period headed for the Samara Province. In the 1850s and 1860s the first emigration destinations besides the Samara Province were the Caucasus, Crimea and the areas on the other side of Lake Peipus. Here you can read bout the historical background and resettlement reasons.

First emigrants

In May of 1855 the first families from the Põlva and Kanepi parishes who had received emigration permits set out in a caravan of horse-drawn wagons from the Kirumpää tavern in the Väimela rural municipality. Two years later, the Sangaste parish people were on the move. In the following years the resettlement movement expanded to most of the parishes in Tartu and Võru Counties, then spreading in the northern direction.

Those who had departed from the Kirumpää tavern reached Saratov after several months on the road. There it was discovered that no vacant state land was available in that province. They embarked on boats and crossed the Volga River, arriving in the neighbouring Samara Province. The resettlers initially stayed in the village of Krasnoyar, inhabited by Germans, earning their living by performing farm labour. The first Estonian village in the region, Liflyandka, was founded in 1859.

The first resettler parties moved from one location to another for years in search of a new home, nevertheless remaining registered in their birthplace parishioners’ list. That is why they were not exempt from parish taxes and military conscription. This situation required a solution on the state level. It was henceforth required that those intending to resettle should begin by sending their delegates-scouts to the desired location to choose a certain place for the rest of the party.

The resettlers could establish residence on uninhabited state land, each male receiving a plot of land. One could also lease frontier land where the soil was scantily fertile. The first families found shelter in the nearby German and Russian villages, and some made dugouts or huts from clay-smeared twigs.

Those resettlers who emigrated later had it somewhat easier: they could travel on the railway and, once there, they could rely on the assistance of the Russian state and their compatriots.

Anu Korb, 2002:

"Migration is an old phenomenon in our lives, as well as in the lives of other peoples, and there are specific reasons for its progress. As long as the reasons that bring about migration persist, not even the greatest and fieriest love of the Fatherland can make it disappear." /Tallinna Teataja nr 4, 1910/

The harsh economic conditions peasants faced in Estonia and Livonia, their troubled relationships with the Baltic German gentry, and the overpopulation of the villages forced country folk to seek new homes in the vast expanses of Russia. Although the first attempts to migrate in 1830-1840 failed, the migration movement gathered momentum as the first settlers from Väimela in Võrumaa and Sangaste in Southern Tartumaa were granted migration passes and started out for Samara in 1855.

Estonians in Northern Samara (today's Koshki district of the Samara province)

The first Estonians arrived in the Koshki area in 1861 - most of them from Tartumaa, and the bulk of them together in three wagon trains. The former Kalmyk lands here suffered from extensive dryness, too, but the landscape was nevertheless much greener than in the southern part of the province, with woods full of berries and mushrooms.

The first settlers are said to have settled in earth huts (zemlyankas) built on the ledge of the valley. With government support, proper log houses were erected. Between 1860 and 1870, two districts of Estonian communities were founded in relative vicinity: the Srednyaya Bykovka congregation consisted of Verhnyaya Pravaya Chesnokovka, Levaya Shabalovka, Srednyaya Bykovka, Korovino, and Telkino, while the Chesnovka congregation had Liflyandka, Baltika, and Pravaya Srednyaya Chesnovka, founded in 1890. In additon to these Russian names, all villages had at least one Estonian name, not necessarily a translation of the official Russian version.

The visible difference between Estonian and Russian villages was due to the Estonian habit of planting apple trees and berry bushes near the houses and keeping village roads in good repair. In the beginning, native-language education was provided by sexton-schoolmasters; later, Srednyaya Bykovka got its own Zemstvo School that eventually evolved into the only Estonian-language 7-grade school in the region.

Today, Srednyaya Bykovka still exists, but the Estonian village has gradually become a Chuvash village. Of the Baltika village, there remains just the Mägi family house, built in 1913 - and an old cemetery. People born in the Estonian villages can be found in both the Koshki district centre and the settlement surrounding the Pogruznaya railroad station. The local Estonians themselves say: "Ten more years, and there'll be none, no pure Estonians left."

Estonians in Southern Samara (today's Krasny Kut district of the Saratov Province)

Having secured migration passes, the first Estonian families from Põlva and Kanepi counties formed a wagon train and departed from the Kirumpää roadhouse in Väimela district in May 1855, arriving in Saratov many months later. They were not granted free state lands within the province there, and thus they continued their journey on barges, crossing the River Volga. They ended up in the neighbouring Novoussen County of the Samara Province.

At first, they made a living from working for German and Russian households there. It took several years before the settlers finally received lands of their own. The former pastures of nomadic Kazakh tribes were devided among the applicants: 8-15 dessiatines (21.6-40.5 acres) per every male member of a family. The soil of the steppes demanded that the farm work be started in early spring, and the continental climate with its frequent drought years and failed crops put the settlers to a harsh test.

The foundations for the first Estonian village in the area, Liflyandka, were laid in 1859. The other Estonian villages in the Novoussen County were established some twenty years later: in 1880, settlers from Võrumaa and Põlvamaa founded Goretsk, in 1877, Baltika was formed by settlers from Jõhvi and Iisaku districts of Virumaa, and in 1885, people from Southern Harjumaa and Järvamaa counties established Estonia.

The thatched roof buildings in the villages were made of sun-dried, unburned bricks of clay and straw. Instead of firewood, a mix of straw and manure was used, popularly known as shitewood.

By the start of the 21st century, the only remaing village was Baltika - a small village with a few dozen inhabitants. A crumbling office and store building stood as a reminder of a livelier population in earlier times. There was a three-grade elementary school in the village, with one teacher and ten pupils; a cultural centre was located in the same building, which is where the young people gathered to pass their time in the evenings.

Estonians in the Simbirsk Province

Founding Settlements, Estonian villages, villages names

Vinni Peeter, Kert Blumer, Aamer, and Jürgenson were the first Estonian settlers from Virumaa to reach the Simbirsk Province in 1870, establishing the Smorodino (Смородино) settlement there. With pictoresque landscapes and clear spring water, the location was favourable for starting anew. Reportedly, the name of the village comes from currant bushes abundant in the area.

In the last decades of the 19th century, Estonians founded Svetloye Ozero (Светлое озеро) and Chistopolye. The population of Smorodino kept growing, and smaller villages clustered around the core settlement: Ogibnaya (Огибная), Lapshanka (Лапшанка), Lommy (Ломы), and Shirokodolnyi, a.k.a. Shiroky (Широкий). They say that Juhan Laasberg, who was the first to arrive at the location of the present-day Shiroky village, lost sight of his wife and her horse when he got there and spent quite a while looking for them in the tall grass.

In official documentation, the villages in the Simbirsk Province went by Russian names, but the Estonian dwellers adapted them to suit their own language: Smorodino became Samarodina or Rodina, with the stress on the first syllable, Ogibnaya was abridged to Gipnoy. Things are slightly more confusing with Shiroky, as Estonians keep referring to it as Tuprova - for the name of the village was once Dobrovo.

By now, only three remain of the Simbirsk Province villages: Smorodino, Shiroky, and Lommy. Even there, people fluent in Estonian can be counted on the fingers of two hands, as all everyday communication has switched to Russian.

Economy Life

The hardworking Estonians prospered quickly upon the fertile soil. The collective farm "Koit", comprised of the inhabitants of Smorodino, was the wealthiest in the region until the merger of collective farms. The Estonians living in small communities were later forced to relocate - the state policy was set on bigger villages.

In addition to farming and cattle, the Volga River and later the silicate stone and chalk industries have also provided a source of income for the local Estonians.

Religion Life

In Russia, Estonians are mainly known as Lutherans. Their bigger settlements always maintained a school-church or a house of prayer. In additon to Lutherans, there was also a group of Saturday believers that moved out to the Simbirsk Province. They were led by Karl Reits, a schoolteacher from Lagedi in Harjumaa, who preached the approaching Apocalypse like Prophet Maltsvet and led his congregation to the "promised land". As a chasm developed within the Reits sect, its members went on to join other free congregations.

The religious differences between the villages survive, however: Smorodino is still known as a Lutheran community, while the majority of Estonians in Shiroky and Lommy belong to free congregations. Locally, they are known as subbotniks (Subbota is Russian for Saturday), laupäevalised (laupäev is Estonian for Saturday), or Sabbath-keepers. The celebration of the Sabbath day has been more rigid in the past: all urgent work was completed by sundown on Friday, food for the next day was prepared beforehand and stored in a heated oven. On Saturdays, there were prayer meetings held at someone's house - or during summer, in the nearby woods.

Despite the religious differences, communication between the nearby Estonian villages has always been relatively active, and finding a spouse from a neighbouring community has been common. Often, the adoption of local religious practices accompanied the move to another village.

Siia kuuluksid need eestlased, kes aegade jooksul Eestist välja rännanud Samara, Simbirski ja Saratovi kubermangu (1855 aastast kuni tänapäevani.)

Idakandieestlased (Andres Aule home page)

(http://www.folklore.ee/estonka/files/index.php?id=48&keel=ee)

Samaara kubermangu eesti asundused

Samaara kubermangu eesti asundused rajati kahte piirkonda: Lõuna-Samaaras Krasnõi Kuti ümbrusse (nüüd Saraatovi oblast, Krasnõi Kuti rajoon) ning Põhja-Samaaras Koški ümbrusse (nüüd Samaara oblast, Koški rajoon).

Samaara piirkonna loodusolud – kontinentaalne kliima, sagedased põuad ja ikaldused – panid uusasukad proovile. Siinsed põllud nõudsid kündmisel suuremat jõudu ning varakevadist külviaega. Eestlaste elutingimused Samaara kubermangu lõuna- ja põhjaosas ei olnud siiski sarnased.

Kubermangu lõunaossa rajati lõunaeestlaste Lifljandka (1859) ja Goretski (1880) ning Põhja-Eestist väljarännanute külad Baltika (1877) ja Estonia (1885). Otsatu avarus, kiduraks tõmbunud kollane taimestik Baltika küla lähistel. ERA, Vf. 4667.

Selle paiga loodusolusid kirjeldab asunduste-uurija August Nigol oma 1918. aastal ilmunud raamatus: Lõuna-Samaara maapind on lage rohtlaan ehk stepp, tasane kui laud. Paarisaja versta peal ei näe muud kui taevast ja maad, ei ühtegi puud ega põõsast. Looduse ilu otsid siit asjata. Külast väljaspool näeb silm tõepoolest otsatut avarust, kollaseks tõmbunud kidurat taimestikku, mis ei võimalda õieti heinagi teha. Talvine loomasööt on õled ja aganad. Lihaloomana hakati siin enam kasvatama sööda suhtes vähenõudlikku lammast, Eestist toodi kaasa kartulikasvatamise-traditsioon.

Vihma sajab suve jooksul harva ning seetõttu rajati tänavkülad stepiorgudesse moodustatud tehisjärvede (tamp) äärde, rohelust andsid majapidamiste juurde istutatud pajud. Hooned ehitati kohapealsest ehitusmaterjalist: savi ja peenestatud õlgede segust tehtud ja päikese käes kuivatatud toortellistest, nn plonnidest, katus kaeti õlgedega. Küttematerjaliks oli sõnnikust ja õlgedest tehtud sitapuu.

Anu Korb, 2002:

"Väljarändamine on niihästi meie kui ka teiste rahvaste elus vana nähtus ja tema edeneb kindlatele põhjustel. Niikaua kui need põhjused, mis väljarändamise elusse kutsuvad, alles jäävad, ei suuda teda ka kõige suurem ja tulisem isamaa-armastus ära kaotada." /Tallinna Teataja nr 4, 1910/

Eesti- ja Liivimaa talurahva rängad majandusolud, suhted mõisaga ja külade ülerahvastatus sundis maarahvast Venemaa avarustes uusi elupaiku otsima. Esimesed väljarändamiskatsed aastatel 1830-1840 küll ebaõnnestusid, kuid väljarändamisliikumine võttis järjest enam hoogu juurde: 1855. aastal läksid esimesed väljarändamisloa saanud teele Võrumaalt Väimela vallast ja Lõuna-Tartumaalt Sangastest, nende uue elu sihtkohana terendas Samaaramaa.

Põhja-Samaara eestlased (nüüd Samaara oblasti Koški rajoon)

Esimesed, enamjaolt Tartumaa päritolu eestlased, jõudsid Koški-kanti 1861. aastal hulgakesi, kolme vooriga. Siinsedki maad, endised kalmõkkide asualad, kannatasid liigkuivuse tõttu, kuid loodus on märksa rohelisem kui kubermangu lõunaosas ning metsad marja- ja seenerikkad.

Esimesed asukad seadnud end sisse oru perve peale rajatud muldonnides (zemljankades). Riigi abiga ehitatud korralikud palkelamud. Ajavahemikul 1860-1870 moodustati kaks võrdlemisi lähestikku asuvat eesti asunduste ringkonda: Lohuküla koguduse alla kuulusid Kivijärve (vn Верхняя Правая Чесноковка), Sabaliküla ehk Kõrgeküla (vn Левая Шабаловка), Lohuküla (vn Средняя Быковка), Lehmaküla ehk Oruküla (vn Коровино), Vasikaküla ehk Tagaküla (vn Телкино) ning Tšesnovka koguduse alla Lifljandka ehk Alaküla, Baltika ehk Vaheküla ning aastal 1890 rajatud Uusküla ehk Pikkula (vn Средне Правая Чесноковка).

Eestlaste külad erinesid venelaste omadest majade juurde istutatud õunapuude ja marjapõõsaste ning korras külateede poolest. Emakeelse hariduse andmise eest hoolitsesid esmalt köster-koolmeistrid, hiljem sai Lohuküla oma semstvokooli, millest ajapikku kujunes piirkonna ainus eestikeelne 7-klassiline kool.

Tänapäeval on alles veel Lohuküla, kuid eestlaste külast on saanud ajapikku tšuvašši küla. Baltika külast on järel vaid 1913. aastal ehitatud elumaja, kus elab perekond Mägi, ning vana surnuaed. Eesti külades sündinuid võib leida nii rajoonikeskusest Koškist kui Pogruznaja raudteejaama ümber tekkinud asulast. Siinsed eestlased arvavad ise: veel kümme aastat ja ei jää üttegi, puhtaid eestlasi ei jää.

Lõuna-Samaara eestlased (nüüd Saraatovi oblasti Krasnõi Kuti rajoon)

1855. aasta maikuus asusid esimesed väljarändamisloa saanud Põlva ja Kanepi kihelkonna pered hobuvooriga teele Väimela vallast Kirumpää kõrtsi juurest ning jõudsid kuude-pikkuse rännuteekonna järel Saraatovisse. Kubermangu piires neil vabu riigimaid saada ei õnnestunud ning teekonda jätkati lotjadel üle Volga jõe. Nii jõuti naabruses asuvasse Samaara kubermangu Novousseni maakonda.

Esialgu teeniti elatist saksa ja vene majapidamistes töölkäimisega. Oma maa saamiseni kulus asunikel veel mitu aastat. Maad, mis ennemini olid olnud kasahhi rändkarjakasvatajate hõimude karjamaad, jagati välja soovijaile: 8-15 tiinu meeshinge kohta. Stepimaa nõudis varakevadist põllutööde algust, kontinentaalne kliima ühes sagedaste põua- ja ikaldusaastatega pani asunikud karmilt proovile.

Piirkonna esimese eesti küla Lifljandka rajamine sai alguse 1859. aastal. Teised Novousseni maakonna eesti külad rajati ligi paarkümmend aastat hiljem: Võru- ja Põlvamaalt väljarännanud asutasid 1880 Goretski, Virumaalt Jõhvi ja Iisaku kihelkonnast väljarännanuist moodustati 1877 Baltika ning Lõuna-Harjumaalt ja Järvamaa kihelkondadest tulnutest 1885 Estonia.

Hooned ehitati savi ja peenestatud õlgede segust tehtud ja päikese käes kuivatatud toortellistest, nn plonnidest, katus kaeti õlgedega. Küttematerjaliks oli sõnnikust ja õlgedest tehtud sitapuu.

21. sajandi alguses oli alles vaid väike mõnekümne elanikuga Baltika küla. Kunagisest elavamast asustusest andis tunnistust lagunev kontori- ja kauplusehoone. Külas oli kolme-klassiline algkool ühe õpetaja ja kümne õpilasega ja sama katuse all olev kultuurimaja, kuhu noored õhtuti aega veetma kogunesid.

Simbirski kubermangu eestlaste jälgedes

Asunduste rajamine, eestlaste külad ja külanimed

Simbirski kubermangu jõudsid esimesed Virumaalt pärit eesti asunikud Vinni Peeter, Kert Blumer, Aamer ja Jürgenson aastal 1870, alguse sai Smorodino (Смородино) asundus. Siin olid soodsad tingimused uue elu alustamiseks: maaliline loodus ning puhas allikavesi. Nime saanud küla ümbruskonnas kasvanud sõstrapõõsaste järgi.

19. sajandi viimastel kümnenditel asustasid eestlased veel Svetloje Osero (Светлое озеро) ja Tšistopolje. Smorodino elanikkond kasvas ning tuumasunduse ümber koondusid väiksemad külad: Ogibnaja (Огибная), Lapšanka (Лапшанка), Lommi (Ломы) ja Širokodolnõi ehk Široki (Широкий). Laasbergi Juhanist, kes oma perega kõigepealt Široki külakohale jõudis, teatakse rääkida, et ta siin kasvanud kõrgesse rohtu oma naise koos hobusega kaotanud ning nende otsimisega tükk aega vaeva pidanud nägema.

Küladel olid ametlikes paberites vene nimed, eestlased mugandasid need endale suupärasemaks: Smorodino on eestlaste kõnepruugis rõhuga esimesel silbil - Samarodina, Rodina; Ogibnaja asemel öeldakse Gipnoi. Segasem on lugu Široki nimetusega: eestlased ütlevad tänini Tuprova, seda küla varasema nime Dobrovo järgi.

Nüüdseks on Simbirski kubermangu küladest alles vaid kolm: Smorodino, Široki ja Lommi. Neiski võib eesti keele oskajaid kahe käe sõrmedel kokku lugeda, omavaheliseks suhtluskeeleks on aegapidi saanud vene keel.

Majanduselu

Töökad eestlased kosusid viljakat maad harides kiiresti. Smorodino elanikest moodustatud kolhoos “Koit” oli piikonna jõukaim kuni kolhooside liitmiseni. Väikeste kogukondadena elanud eestlastel tuli hiljem oma elupaika vahetada - riiklik poliitika oli suunatud suurkülade arendamisele.

Siinsetele eestlastele on põllu- ja loomakasvatuse kõrval elatist andnud ka emake Volga ning hiljem siiakanti rajatud silikaatkivi- ja kriiditööstus.

Usuelu

Eestlasi tuntakse Venemaal enamasti luteriusulistena. Suuremates asundustes toimis kool-kirik või palvemaja. Luteriusuliste kõrval rändas Simbirski kubermangu ka grupp laupäevausulisi. Nende eesotsas olnud Harjumaa Lagedi valla koolmeister Karl Reits, kes prohvet Maltsveti eeskujul viimsepäeva tulekut kuulutas ning oma koguduse “tõotatud maale” viis. Reitslaste kogukonna lõhenemine tõi kaasa selle liikmete liitumise teiste vabakogudustega.

Külade-vahelised usulised erinevused on säilinud tänini: Smorodinot tuntakse luteriusuliste asundusena, Široki ja Lommi eestlased kuuluvad enamjaolt vabakogudusse. Kohapeal nimetatakse neid subbotnikuteks, laupäevalisteks või hingamispäeva pidajateks. Varem suhtutud hingamispäeva pühitsemisse rangemalt: kõik hädavajalikud tööd tehtud reedel enne päikeseloojangut, ka järgmise päeva toit pandud köetud ahju valmis. Laupäeviti peetud kellegi pool kodus, suvel ka lähedal asuvas metsatukas, palvetundi.

Suhtlus lähedal asuvate eesti külade vahel on hoolimata erinevatest usulistest tõekspidamistest läbi aegade olnud võrdlemisi tihe ning elukaaslase valimine naaberkogukonnast tavaline. Teise külakogukonda siirdudes võeti sageli üle uue kogukonna usutavad.

Baltika, Samara kubermangus. Tegutsesid kool ja palvemaja.

Baltika (teine), asukoht Samaras, kuid kubermangu lõunaosas. Oli ehitatud oma kirik ja koolimaja.

Estonia, Samaara kubermangus, omas koolimaja

Goretskaja, Samaara kubermangus. Oli olemas palve- ja koolimaja.

Kõrgeküla, nimetatud ka Sabali

Lifländka, Samaara kubermangus kiriku ja koolimajaga

Lohuküla, nimetatud ka Srednaja-Bõkovka, asus Samaara kubermangus. Oli ehitatud oma kirik ja tegutses kogudus

Sabali, nimetatud ka Kõrgeküla, siis Levaja ja ka Shabalovka, asus Samara kubermangus. Oli oma kool.

Samara, töötas Eesti Selts ja oli koos sakslastega oma kirik. Tegutses ka Eesti Rahvuskomitee.

Smorodino, Simbirski kubermangus. Olid oma kirik ja kool.

Tshistopolje, nimetatud ka Tshistoje Polje, Simbirski kubermangus. Oli oma kooli- ja palvemaja.

Uusküla, nimetatud ka Pikk-küla. Asus Samaara kubermangus. Töötas oma kool.

Этот проект об эстонских переселенцах Поволжья и их потомках (Самарской, Симбирской и Саратовской Губернии).
(с 1855 года до настоящего времени)

Эстонцы Поволжья (Ida Aule home page)

(http://www.folklore.ee/estonka/files/index.php?id=102&keel=ru)

Эмиграция

Переселение эстонцев на малозаселенные территории России началось в середине 1850-х годов. Эмиграция набрала ход начиная с 1860-х годов, когда смена места жительства была узаконена. Первые переселенцы того времени направились в Самарскую губернию. В 1850-1860-х годах первыми пунктами эмиграции были наряду с Самарским регионом Кавказ, Крым и территории на противоположном берегу Чудского озера. Об историческом фоне и причинах переселения читайте здесь.

Первые эмигранты

В мае 1855 года первые получившие разрешение на эмиграцию семьи из Пылваского и Канепиского приходов отправились на повозках из Вяймелаской волости от корчмы Кирумпя, спустя два года двинулся народ из Сангастеского прихода. В последующие годы переселенческое движение охватило значительную часть приходов Тартуского и Выруского уездов, а также распространилось дальше к северу.

Люди, отправившиеся в путь от корчмы Кирумпя, прибыли после многомесячного путешествия в Саратов. На месте выяснилось, что в пределах губернии свободных государственных земель для них нет. На баржах преодолели Волгу и добрались до соседней Самарской губернии. Поначалу остановились в заселенной немцами деревне Краснояр и зарабатывали средства на проживание выполнением работ на хуторах. Основание первой в регионе эстонской деревни Лифляндка началось в 1859 году.

Первые переселенцы двигались в поисках нового места жительства с места на место в течение многих лет, оставаясь в то же время в ревизской сказке по месту рождения. Вследствие этого их не освобождали также от волостных налогов и исполнения рекрутской обязанности. Возникшее положение требовало решения на государственном уровне. Так, в дальнейшем требовали, чтобы на место отправляли сначала людей, искавших места для переселенцев.

Земли новопоселенцы получали из незаеселенных государственных земель, каждому мужчине выделяли душевой надел. Также имелась возможность арендовать малоплодородные окраинные земли. Первые семьи смогли найти приют в расположенных поблизости немецких и русских деревнях, некоторые семьи строили землянки или хижины из прутьев с глиняным покрытием.

Переселение позднейших эмигрантов происходило несколько легче: была возможность добраться по железной дороге и на месте можно было надеяться как на помощь российского государства, так и соотечественников.

"Миграция - это давнее явление в нашей жизни, а также в жизни других людей, и есть определённые причины для её появления. Пока существуют причины, вызывающие переселение, даже самая большая и самая пламенная любовь к Отечеству не может заставить его исчезнуть." / Tallinna Teataja № 4, 1910 г. /

Тяжёлые экономические условия, с которыми сталкивались крестьяне в Эстонии и Ливонии, их сложные отношения с дворянством балтийских немцев и перенаселённость деревень вынуждали крестьян искать новое место жительство на огромных просторах России. Хотя первые попытки переселения в 1830-1840 гг. потерпели неудачу, миграционное движение набрало силу, когда первые поселенцы из Вяймела в Вырумаа и Сангасте из Южной части Тартумаа получили миграционные удостоверения и в 1855 году отправились в Самарскую Губернию.

Эстонцы Южной части Самарской губернии (ныне Красный Кутский район Саратовской области)

Получив миграционные удостоверения, первые эстонские семьи из уездов Пылва и Канепи организовали обоз и в мае 1855 года выехали из Кирумпяя в районе Вяймела, а через несколько месяцев прибыли в Саратов. Там они не получили, обещанных бесплатных государственных земель, и продолжили свой путь дальше, переплыв Волгу на баржах. Они оказались в соседнем Новоусенском уезде Самарской области.

Сначала они зарабатывали на жизнь тем, что работали на немецкие и русские семьи. Прошло несколько лет, прежде чем поселенцы наконец получили собственные земли. Бывшие пастбища кочевых казахских племён были поделены между желающими: 8-15 десятин (21,6-40,5 акра) на каждого члена семьи мужского пола. Почва степей требовала начала сельскохозяйственных работ ранней весной, а континентальный климат с его частыми засушливыми годами и неурожаем подвергал поселенцев суровому испытанию. Лифляндка - первая эстонская деревня в этом регионе, была основана в 1859 году. Остальные эстонские деревни в Новоусенском уезде были основаны примерно через двадцать лет: в 1880 году переселенцы из Вырумаа и Пылвамаа основали Горецк, в 1877 году была образована Балтика переселенцами из уездов Йыхви и Ийсаку Вирумаа, а в 1885 году деревню Эстонка основали выходцы из уездов Южного Харьюмаа и Ярвамаа.

Дома были построены из необожжённых кирпичей, из смеси глины и измельчённой соломы, а крыши были покрыта соломой. Обогревали дома из брикетов навоза с соломой.

К началу 21 века единственной уцелевшей деревней была Балтика - небольшая деревня с несколькими десятками жителей. Полуразрушенное здание конторы и магазина остались как напоминание о более оживлённой жизни в былые времена. В селе была начальная школа с одним учителем и десятью учениками; В том же здании располагался дом культуры, где по вечерам собиралась молодёжь.

Эстонцы на Севере Самарской губернии (ныне Кошкинский район Самарской губернии)

Первые эстонские переселенцы прибыли в район Кошек в 1861 году - в основном из Тартумаа, причём большая часть их приехала вместе в трёх вагонах поезда. Бывшие калмыцкие земли здесь тоже страдали от сильной засухи, но, тем не менее, ландшафт был значительно зеленее, чем в южной части губернии, с лесами, полными ягод и грибов.

Говорят, что первые переселенцы селились в земляных хижинах (землянках). При государственной поддержке были построены настоящие бревенчатые дома. Между 1860 и 1870 годами в относительной близости были образованы два района эстонских общин: община Средняя Быковка состояла из Верхней Правой Чесноковки, Левой Шабаловки, Средней Быковка, Коровина и Телкина, а в Чесновской общине были Лифляндка, Балтика и Средне-Правая Чесноковка, основанная в 1890 году. Помимо этих русских названий, у всех деревень было хотя бы одно эстонское название, не обязательно перевод официальной русской версии.

Заметная разница между эстонскими и русскими деревнями объяснялась эстонской традицией сажать яблони и ягодные кусты возле домов и содержать просёлочные дороги в хорошем состоянии. Вначале обучение на родном языке давали учителя-старшеклассники; позже в Средней Быковке появилась земская школа, которая со временем превратилась в единственную 7-классную эстоноязычную школу в регионе.

Сегодня Средняя Быковка существует, но эстонское село постепенно превратилось в чувашское. От села Балтика остались только дом семьи Мяги, построенный в 1913 году, и старое кладбище. Людей, родившихся в эстонских деревнях, можно встретить как в райцентре Кошки, так и в посёлке при железнодорожной станции Погрузная. Сами местные эстонцы говорят: «Ещё десять лет, и не останется ни одного чистого эстонца».

Эстонцы в Симбирской губернии

Основания поселений, эстонские деревни, названия деревень

Винни Пеэтер, Керт Блумер, Аамер и Юргенсон были первыми эстонскими переселенцами из Вирумаа, которые в 1870 году прибыли в Симбирскую Губернию и основали там деревню Смородино. Живописные пейзажи и чистая родниковая вода благоприятствовали тому, чтобы начать все заново. Как известно, название села происходит от зарослей смородины в этой местности.

В последние десятилетия XIX века эстонцы основали деревни Светлое озеро и Чистополье. Население села Смородино продолжало расти, и вокруг основного поселения сгруппировались более мелкие деревни: Огибная, Лапшанка, Ломы и село Широкодольное, оно же Широкое. Говорят, что Юхан Лаасберг, который первым прибыл на место нынешнего села Широкое, потерял из виду свою жену и ее лошадь, приехав туда, и довольно долго искал их в высокой траве.

По официальной документации деревни в Симбирской губернии носили русские названия, но эстонцы адаптировали их под свой язык: Смородино превратилось в Сáмародина или Родина с ударением на первом слоге, Огибная сократилась до Гипной. С Широким немного сложнее, так как эстонцы продолжают называть его Тýпрова - деревня когда-то называлась Доброво.

К настоящему времени от сел Симбирской губернии осталось только три: Смородино, Широки и Ломы. Даже там людей, свободно владеющих эстонским языком, можно пересчитать по пальцам, поскольку все повседневное общение перешло на русский язык.

Экономика Жизнь

Трудолюбивые эстонцы быстро стали зажиточными на чернозёмных землях. Колхоз «Койт», в который входили жители Смородино, был самым богатым в регионе до объединения колхозов. Позже эстонцы, жившие небольшими общинами, были вынуждены переселиться - государственная политика была направлена ​​на укрупнение деревень.

Помимо земледелия и крупного рогатого скота, река Волга, а затем производство силикатного камня и мела также были источником дохода для местных эстонцев.

Религия. Жизнь

В России эстонцы в основном известны как лютеране. В их более крупных поселениях всегда была школа-церковь или молитвенный дом. Помимо лютеран, была также группа "субботников", которые переехали в Симбирскую губернию. Их возглавил Карл Рейц, школьный учитель из Лагеди в Харьюмаа, который проповедовал приближающийся Апокалипсис, как пророк Мальцвет (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9B%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B1%D0%B5%...), и привёл свою паству на «землю обетованную». По мере того, как в секте Рейтса образовался раскол, её члены присоединились к другим сектам.

Однако религиозные различия между деревнями сохраняются: Смородино до сих пор известно как лютеранская община, в то время как большинство эстонцев в Широках и Ломи принадлежат к сектам, таким как субботники(соблюдающие субботу). Празднование субботнего дня в прошлом было более строгим: все срочные работы завершались к закату в пятницу, еда на следующий день готовилась заранее и хранилась в разогретой духовке. По субботам были молитвенные собрания в чьём-то доме, а летом - в ближайшем лесу.

Несмотря на религиозные различия, общение между соседними эстонскими деревнями всегда было довольно активным, и найти супруга из соседней общины было обычным делом. Часто переход в другую деревню сопровождался принятием местных религиозных обрядов.

Описание эстонских деревень

Балтика, Самарская область. Была школа и молельный дом.

Балтика (вторая), находится в южной части Самарской области. Были построены собственная церковь и школа.

Эстония (Эстонка), Самарская губерния, была школа

Горецкая Самарской области. Были молитвенный дом и школа.

Кыргекюла, также называемый Сабали (Левая Шаболовка)

Лифляндка, Самарская губерния с церковью и школой С 1897 года в Лифляндке на средства Самарской земской управы стала действовать школа.

Лохукюла, также известная как Средняя-Быковка, находилась в Самарской губернии. Была построена церковь, и работала община

Сабали, также называемое Кыргекюла, а также Левая Шабаловка, находилось в Самарской области. Была школа.

Самара, работала на Эстонское общество, которое имело свою церковь, которую делили вместе с немцами. Действовал также Эстонский национальный комитет.

Смородино, Симбирский губерния. У них была своя церковь и школа.

Чистополье, также называемое Чистое Поле, Симбирское губерния. Здесь была своя школа и молитвенный дом.

Уускюла, также называемый Пикк-кюла. Самарская губерния. Работала школа.

В 1910 году в Средней Быковке широко отпраздновали 50-летие переселения из Эстонии и создание деревни. Чествовали первых переселенцев. К 50-летию была сделана книга со списком имён переселенцев. С 1897 года в была открыта земская школа в Лохукюла. ( начальная школа с эстонским языком преподавания) Первыми или вторым деректором, по рассказам Золотухиной Минны Иоганесовны, был Артур Петерсон. Он приехал из Эстонии в конце 19-го века. При нем в школе был музыкальный кружок. С приходом советской власти семью Петерсон "раскулачили. Следующим директором была Томбу Зина. Она предподавала уже в четырехлетней школе, в которой училась Золотухина Минна Иоганесовна . Последующими предподавателями были Тимберг Альвина Ивановна и Петерсель Элла Карловна.

Списки земских служащих Самарского уездного земства на 1903 год

(на территории современного Кошкинского района)

Источник: ГАСО. ф.372. оп.1. д.275. лл. 3-4, 13, 23.

Ввод в научный оборот - Арнольдов Н.А., канд. ист. наук.

Учителя Петропавловской волости:

Малая Чесноковка - Синдячкин (300 руб. в год),

Средняя Быковка - Меомуттель (360 руб. в год),

Березовка - Рахманина (360 руб. в год).