- The family originated from the town
- Grünberg, Hesse, Germany
- Grünberg is a town in the district of Gießen, in Hesse, Germany.
- Population: 13,944 (Jun 30, 2009)
- Area: 89.25 km²
- Weather: 20°C, Wind SW at 26 km/h, 57% Humidity
- The prog. was Johan Coenraad Marnewick s.o. Son of Johann Melchior Marnewick/Marneweck and Anna Margaretha Schmiedt.
He married Engela Elisabeth Otto on 22.2.1784 and the couple had 4 children.
There are quite a remarkable history concerning the prog and he was even evicted of doing great harms to graves but excaped inland.
Only one of there son's stayed in the Cape, in the George area but as from the "b" line they mostly Trekked to the Transvaal.
Please add any profiles born by the surname Marnewick and the different spellings to the project.
- Johan Coenraad Marnewick SV Stamvader
- Johan Coenraad Marnewick 23/5/1817 -
- Anna Elizabeth Marnewick 1841
- Willem Jacobus Johannes Marnewick 15/1/1841 - 8/5/1902
- Anna Elizabeth Marnewick 1873-1953
- Johan Hendrik Marnewick 1894-1967
- Johannes Burger Marnewick 1898-1976
- Abraham Andries Stephanus Marnewick 1910-1954
- Hester Antoinetta Marnewick 1909-1969
- Joachim Petrus Marnewick1871 -1945
- Johannes Jacobus Marnewick 1907-1969
- Judith Susanna Hendrika Marnewick 1933-2001
- Nicolaas Marthinus Marnewick 1942-1986
- Susanna Cathrina Marnewick 1905-1970
- Susara Johanna Cornelia Marnewick 1904-1962
How to Participate
If you have an ancestor who was a Marnewick/Marneweck/Marnewyk
Get yourself added as a collaborator Navigate to your ancestor's profile Under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project" Select the Marnewick project How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.
Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. Also include their Settler party and ship name and arrival date if known Include a photograph/painting of your ancestor if one exists. Your ancestor's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private". All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also. Do not make public any profiles of living people. NOTE: All MARNEWICK included on this project will have their profiles editable by other geni.com collaborators of this project. The object of reproducing the list here is to see if these people can be located on Geni and perhaps develop trees from them. To take part in any project - you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!