This project is a sub project of the Mormon Pioneers (1847-1868) Master Project
This page covers the Mormon Pioneers of 1853 only.
How to Participate
Please collaborate on a specific year's (1847-1868) project page. If you have an ancestor who was a Mormon pioneer consult the link listed under finding aids to verify the year of your ancestor's migration. Then after getting yourself added as a collaborator for that year navigate to your ancestor's profile and under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project" and select the Mormon Pioneer project to which your ancestor should be included on.
- Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. See any of the pioneers on the 1847 Brigham Young project as an example.
- Include a photograph of your ancestor if one exists.
- Your pioneer's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private".
- All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also.
- Do not make public any profiles of living people.
NOTE: All pioneers included on a project will have their pioneer's profiles editable by other geni.com collaborators of that particular project.