Respelling of Swedish Ölund, composed of ö ‘island’ + lund ‘grove’.
Other respellings include Oland and Ohlund.
Sweden utilized a patronymic naming system up until the late 1800's, so surnames like Olund are relatively new compared to names from other countries.
- Johan Verner Ölund (Warner Oland) : Swedish American actor from the 1920's and 1930's
- Ron Olund - Playgirl Centerfold, 1981
Famous Olands and Ohlunds
- The Oland family of Halifax Nova Scotia, who founded the Moosehead brewery
- Mattias Öhlund, National Hockey League defender
Places called Olund
- Ølund, Denmark
- Olund Lake, Michigan, USA
- Olund Road, Abbotsford BC, Canada
- Olund Crescent, Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Places called Oland and Ohlund
- Island of Öland, Kalmar County, Sweden