Monday Recap for July 9, 2012
Catch up on some genealogy articles from the past week!
The Genealogy Sphere
- A Baby Boy! (Family Stories) – Caroline Pointer talks about receiving the baptism record of her ancestor
- Some basic principles of genealogy (Genealogy’s Star) – James Tanner goes over some genealogy basics to keep in mind
- Google Puts Twentieth Century Italian History Online (Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter) – Dick Eastman reports that Google has partnered with the Italian government to post 30,000 newsreels and documentaries from the 20th century on YouTube.
- Named for a Famous Non-Relative? (Genealogy Tip of the Day) – A handy tip to keep in mind
- One Family, Double Enumeration: A Tale of Two Georges (Family Tree University) – Finding your ancestor twice in the census
- 5 different things to do at the FGS 2012 Conference (FGS Conference News Blog) – FGS 2012 is coming up fast. Check out some things you can do at the conference!
- Monday Recap for July 2, 2012 – Last week’s recap
- Independence Day by the Numbers – Check out some fun facts in our Independence Day infographic
- Family Tree Tuesday – Reese Witherspoon – Did you know Reese Witherspoon is related to a signer of the Declaration of Independence?
- Happy Independence Day! – See some great Independence Day related genealogy projects on Geni!
- Famous Folks and the Declaration of Independence – Check out some interesting paths between celebrities and the signers of the Declaration of Independence!