Three presentations accepted

Started by Private User on Saturday, March 16, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts

I was delighted to learn that three of my presentations were accepted. Two Sephardic (general overview as well as specific resources) and honoring ancestral communities online. See everyone in Boston.

Would love to hear from others who are presenting in Boston.

I thought about a short presentation on the Frankel family of Ratnycia but was too busy. I love the combination of Jewish Gen records and DNA and perseverance that solved the mystery of my great great grandfather's origins. And I was so ignorant when I started the search, it speaks to how much we can learn.

I think a relative of mine is presenting.

Private User
Emeritus Professor of Biophysics at Hebrew University, Jerusalem.

Private User

Great news Schelly, well done !

And a relative of mine :) Pam Karp although he hasn't figured out how.

Sorry, typos.

Hatte Blejer : we are closely connected through the Rolnick family, from his side and through my paternal grandmother.

Wilf is about to publish a book on the Rolnicks.

I can't remember if he told me where the Rolnicks were from.

How very exciting--I don't want to miss any of these exceptional presentations!

but wilf's wasn't accepted

If "he" was me, then my Rolniks (however you would like to translitertae it) were from Lithuania. Originally in Telsiai, then Plnge, Upyna, Skaudvil, Vainutas,Taurage and such plaves in North West Lithuania.

Yes, "he" is you :) I knew Lithuania, but didn't remember where. My family appears to have a link to that area. First Reib (think Reeb and Rib) is a surname that is found there but not where my family immigrated from (Volhynia) and second, they settled with people from that area in America. It could be coincidence however.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion