Geni Pro Just Got a Whole Lot Better

Started by Private User on Thursday, August 11, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 331-360 of 1836 posts

Many thanks to the authors of the last update. I now have much more time and energy for other activities. I used to be a serious Geni addict but after the non-paying users lost the right to merge profiles etc. Geni has become so boring that there is no point at all to come and see what's going on in your tree. Because nothing happens, hardly anybody does anything. I'm definitely not going to renew my Geni Pro account in a few weeks. I'll probably invest this money in Family Tree Maker or in another genealogy program. Recommendations, anybody?

Bruce that's my opinion. I have a lot historical profiles, which I did post but can not touch now, That's not such a big deal alto annoying. It's my first 13 to 15 gen. that I care about and i can't add to most. It's total wrong !So like I just went onto geni originally to organize and type up nice, use the spell check and that was it. if I found another member of my immediate family that would have been a plus. maybe make a free friends with like interest. I don't give a hoot about putting more into historical profiles. What i already knew was enough for me.Beside what you put inti this profiles someone who thinks there superior to you changes it all around anyway. So why bother,

AM Kejaer I can only say Wow!!!!!!!!!! I was considering doing exactly what you are thinking about doing , only here in the U.S.A. In my case it would my State Rep , who I know very well, Consumer agencies. didn't think about newspapers I did think about consumer reports on TV,. my Congressman , one of which sends me a Christmas every year, ( don't know why he does but he does. I think it's because I use to be a Town Meeting member.) and any lawyer friends I have. So far I haven't gone that route.1 Mostly because I hoping my situation gets resolved. Simply non pros get back their power , what little they had and are aple to really share with the others. I like others are not asking that much. Your situation is diferent. Very serious. I hope things wroke out for yoand other in your situation.

I am still a PRO Geni user - but I am concerned - about the Merge Capability removal - from non-Paying Users.

It is a Geni Problem & up to GENI - to solve its Merging Problems - Caused by "Private Profiles" - and Not -- "non-Paying Users /non-Pros".

Just Apply the 99 or 120 year Dead Rule (if or what the law states) - and have the GENI Program "Automatically" - make the Profiles Public.

That should have been the Merge Problem solution - Not "Removing Capabilities" - from non-Paying Users, many crucial to our genealogy research and Geni's success !!

And the People - that do Not like 99 year old Profiles of Dead People made Automatically Public -- they should be the ones considering Going Back to their PC's, where they can continue to Hoard their information :)

Tak til
Henny

jeg ser din beskel lige nu

har været bortrejst nogle dage

marion

Wish I knew what she just said.

Thought we might have a translation button here but i guess we don't! Oh, well, too bad. Too bad with all the unwanted things Geni has been doing they couldn't automatically with some wondrous flick of the system jus translate to every one's languages. Don't tell me someone couldn't figure how to do that by now.? You computer geeks can go almost anything with a computer!

probley cursing geni in sweedish or somthing

Makes me think of when my mother died and my bill payment to the telephone co, got applied to her phone bill. I called about it. I got a letter to the family of deceased me. So I went in and sat down and said I hate to tell you. I am alive. Oh boy they run around like crazy. They were more upset then I was. i though it was funny. Anyway took 6 months to fix it because it was a computer error . Finally the girl says I'm not supose to do this and she pushed a key and voila all better! Computer they are sometime good but more often useless.

You want to know??
Marion thanked me for my information the other day about the bankcosts..

If you know which language you can use Google Translator:.
http://translate.google.dk/?hl=da&tab=wT#

But don't trust the translation 100 pct. ;-)

By the way - the language was not Swedish but Danish.
As a Dane I get inferiority complexes in here ;-)
You think our language is our sister nation's Swedish. And another of our sisters in here the Norwegians believe that they once ruled our country Denmark.
It's really not easy to be a Dane in here :-))))

I know my Hamlet! Wasn't he a Prince of Denmark? Very well spoken fellow. :)

ah gotcha.. i wasn't sure if if was sweedish or danish...

yeah those translation programs can be a big pain in the butt when it comes to accuracy i should know tried to send a message using it to Private User the other day and it failed misserbley...

Henny, my best friend of more than 30 years is Danish-American. Her mother is a Dane and I love her a lot. The Danes are a special people. I always put a Danish flag on my Christmas tree, to remind me of my special connections to your country.

we me it's nordic roots papa's side and that sweet bread they make around x-mas.. yuaklakke? think it's called?

Thanks

Victor Borge was a Dane....

But I don't suppose too many people remember him...

More than you are aware of.....

Victor Borge does not seem to have a profile on Geni. Anyone want to do it ? If not, I will tomorrow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Borge

Is there any way to make it a musical one...perhaps the "Punctuation" bit.

I grew up watch Victor Borge on television. I know perfectly well who he was. Eldon, I am sure you will create a wonderful profile for him. Fay, I think there is probably YouTube video of his performances. Those should be able to upload as video, I would think.

I also grew up watching Victor Borge. He always made me laugh and reminded me of the wonderful Danish sense of humor I got from my Grandfather as well. An interesting anecdote. In 1397 Erik (a Dane!) was crowned king of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. It was known as the Union of Kalmar and its capital was Copenhagen.

Hope you enjoy that.

I have to be reminde that I'm not the only 'old coot'.

Everyone SOUNDS so young.

Perhaps most are young in mind, Fay, not in years.

I myself am younger than you ...... 362 days :-).

I will do Victor Borge today. I was giving our Danish friends first chance but after my morning coffee meeting I will get on it. So don't be surprised if he shows up on the news feed as my brother for a while:-) There is a great program about him on PBS here in the States that is often shown during their pledge drives. I wish PBS would make it available for sale. A lot of his routines. I too grew up watching him and he never failed to make you laugh.
Dirk Timothy Fransen is there a profile for Eric, if not, you should make one.

He was a very talented pianist too...and I did see him play seriously a few times....he was a frequent guest on a multitude of programs.....though I admit, his shenanigans were more fun for a kid...

Henny....THAT many days...my gosh....thats an eternity....you're just a 'pup'
:)

Good idea that you make Borge's profile, Eldon. He was an Amercan too. Look forward to watching.
I have tried to find something in the churchbook about him, but he's not there because he belonged to the Jewish religion. He was burried on the Jewish Churchyard - "Mosaisk Vestre Begravelsesplads" in Copenhagen..
http://www.danskefilm.dk/index2.html
When I find him in the censuses I'll PM you. But I have to find out where he grew up in Copenhagen, and then manually search the handwritten censuses, because they are not yet in a database for the 1900s. It'll take time.

He was one of my mother and grandmother's favorites and mine too. very funny man!

Showing 331-360 of 1836 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion