(This is the one in which Wm the Conqueror captures England)
The Battle of Hastings took place on 14 October 1066. It was the decisive Norman victory in the Norman Conquest of England, fought between the Norman army of Duke William II of Normandy and the English army of King Harold II. The battle took place at Senlac Hill, approximately 6 miles northwest of Hastings, close to the present-day town of Battle, East Sussex.
Harold II was killed in the battle—legend has it that he was shot through the eye with an arrow. Although there was further English resistance, this battle is seen as the point at which William (The Conqueror) gained control of England, becoming its first Norman ruler as King William I.
How to add a link is explained at - Working with Projects
- Harold II Godwinsson King of the English
- Gyrth Godwinsson, Harolds Brother
- Leofwine Godwinsson, Harolds brother
- Ælfwig Abbot of Winchester
- William I, Duke of Normandy
- William I de Warenne
- Eustace de Balougne
- William de Braose
- Alured de Valer
- William Malet
- Sir Jean RIcardus Chauvin (aka Sir Richard Coffyn)