- This project has as its aim to create on Geni an accurate representation of the genealogical information present in the parts of the Saga literature that present a reasonably coherent picture.
The sagas we work from are:
- Snorre's "Ynglingesoga"
- "Hvorledes Norge ble bygget" fra "Flateyarbok"
- Landnamabok, heimskringla.no
- The goal is that each profile mentioned in these sagas will be represented exactly once in the Big Tree, and have in his "about me" the reference to the place in the saga where he or she is mentioned, in addition to other information.
- And more sagas/myths.
- Snorre's sagas in original language (Icelandic/Norse), modern Norwegian and English - full text
- Heimskringla.no - Nordic primary sources in the original and Nordic languages
- See also Viking and Nordic Ancestry Merge on the Geni Wiki for more source links.
- About Projects on the Geni Wiki
- germanic mythology.com
- Orkneyjar is an easy introduction to the Orkneying Saga & the history of the Vikings in Orkney
- Landnámabók The Book of the Settlement of Iceland - English Translation
- Landnåm fra nord av Alf Ragnar Nielssen
- Grettir's Saga English Translation
- Snorri Sturluson (1179-1241) Snorri the sagawriter himself.
- Saxo Grammaticus Saxo
- Adam av Bremen Adam
- Jordanes Jordanes
- Orderic Vitalis Orderic
- Tormod Torfæus Tormod Torfæus
- "Samlede afhandlinger" 1874 Albert Cammermeyer forlag, Christiania, Peter Andreas Munch (born 1810 - dead 1863). Peter Munch