Roll call- Irish families researched by Geni members

Started by Private User on Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 134 posts

Great minds do think alike Jennifer, about the sidetracking it depends if the sidetrack is a dust track or a complete motorway ;)

Mm-mmm, true! I have to confess that when I was in school I made a game out of sidetracking the teachers when I was bored... awful, huh? lol

(That doesn't have anything to do with Geni, btw. This place is never boring!)

Sidetracking teachers is a MUST not at least awful :)

[This message has been hidden until it can be reviewed by an administrator.]

Yes, Peter Cocozzella, truly a piece to be used for profesional sidetrackers.
You really don't read literature like that. Do you ?..... ttfn

Fred Bergman en George J. Homs : zougeninie beleid kunn'n-ontwikkeln waarbij gebruikers, wanneer die bv door genoegaantal mede-gebruikers zijn geblokked als toegankelijk in hun communicatie-kanalen, aan te zeggen dat ze niet meer welkom zijn met het mail-adres waarmee ze er in slagen om dus iedere keer ergens anders de etterbak uittehangen? Dittyp gebruikt allekanal'n om signalen via gog'l naar totaal ontraceble buitenstaanders testuren-is mmmn verdachting en ze zijnzeersl.m om dat net neitonfatsoenlijkgenoeg te doen om hetanderenondoenlijk temakn?

Private User op z'n afrikaner gezeit gewoon nie antwoord geven nie :)

[This message has not been hidden until it can be reviewed by administrator]
Sure it's all fun and games for you but I am the one that has to go around with this on my back.....ttfn

Awww....... I really am sorry, Mr. Duck. How can I make it up to you? A good intellectual puzzler perhaps?

I am researching James Mulvey (b. 1853 - ?) and his wife Lily/Lilllie (1870 - ?)who show up in the 1900 US Census as coming from Ireland to Denver, Colorado. Also Lily's second husband Michael Gallagher.

Dirk I will move your post to http://www.geni.com/projects/Ireland-Brickwall-Project if you dont mind :)

Thanks Annemarie. Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Better late then never :)
O'Sullivan/Sullivan - Ballydesmond/Glounachiol/Glennakeel, Co Cork
Healy - Ballydesmond and Knocknaboul, Kerry

Private User Duck! I see your comment has been un-censored! (is that a word?)

http://www.geni.com/discussions/102320?msg=753316

I've read it very carefully and I can't figure out why it got reported. Did anyone explain to you what the problem was? Not knowing makes me nervous...

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle

I'm late to the discussion, but could it be that Scotch- Irish used to be the standard, but over time wasn't as PC as Scots-Irish? Just a thought. I'm descended from the Scott family, and have a book on the family genealogy printed sometime in the 1800's. I'm pretty sure

(sorry, don't know how that happened, but I'll continue) the family is referred to as Scotch-Irish in the book. It's only been in the last several years I've been corrected by others and told Scots-Irish is correct, that Scotch refers to the beverage.

I'm descended from Foster/Forster/Forester, and believe at least some of them were from Ireland.

My husband is descended from Honora O'Flynn. Family lore says she and some other Irish girls were kidnapped from a beach and brought to America to be brides. Another story says she was the daughter of an Irish king, but I don't believe that part to be even close to truth.

Private User you are correct the proper name is Scots-Irish.
That is a very interestimng story that the girls were kidnapped from a beach, or maybe they were kidnapped because they were daughters from an Irish king, now that would make sense :)
If you have any dates for Honora O'Flynn maybe we can have a look what the story is ?

Honora O'Flynn 1686-1742. I found a reference one time that her father was Edward O'Flynn of Kerry County. But I don't think he was really her father.
Honora married William Logsdon, Sr. 1702 in the American colonies.

Born too late to be a Kings daughter .
Ireland hardly has any birth, death or marriage records before 1700, going to be a difficult one.

Hi, I am looking for family of John Sullivan and Margaret Dinan, parents of Mary Josephine Sullivan Byrne, b. 23 Jan 1873 in Cork. Also James Byrne, her husband.
Also John Oakley and Eliza Dunne m. 25 Jan 1859 in Clonmel, Tipperary; parents of Ellen J Oakley, b. April 1860 in Clonmel. Also James Bernard Fahey, b 1858 and m. Ellen J. Oakley 16 Jun 1877, in Clonmel.

Researching

Healey - Cork
Gilroy, Hagerty - Mayo

My ggrandparents Patrick Gilroy and Mary Hagerty lived in Rathmore, Crossmolina, Mayo

Healeys were in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area of Pennsylvania and were supposedly from Cork.

researching; MORRIN, DRENNAN from Co.laoise
FINNEGAN, O'REILLY, from longford and cavan
O'BYRNE, TALLON, LENNON, BROPHY, CULLEN from countys wicklow and carlow and O'BRIEN from wicklow/Carlow originaly from munster

Researching Coughlan from Tipperary. Family moved to Lancashire between 1865 and 1868

Researching the following:
DONEGAL - Boyle, Doherty, Gara, Diver, Manelis, ODonnell
WICKLOW - Lacy, Mc Donnell, Kins(h)ella
CLARE - Boland, Mc Donnell, Kelly
GALWAY / MAYO - Conneely, Kane, Kerrigan,Berry

Brick Wall - Lacey, Rathangan (RIC) - may have originated in Dublin; unrelated to Wicklow Lacy

Researching Cunningham from Co. Roscommon. They came from Clooncan and I've been given their last name as Crinnigan, Crenigan, Cunnigan. Father Luke, Mother Honoria Morley (Morly).

I'm researching the Ronan family that went from Ireland to Newfoundland, Canada, and mostly the sons continuing on to the Boston area of Massachusetts, US.

I am researching James Mulvey from Leitrim, Ireland who lived in Denver, Colorado and Patrick Lahey from Tipperary, Ireland who lived in Schuykill, Pennsylvania.

FnDuck, the Welsh/Walsh landed in Jamaica, W.I.

According to some recent genealogists I contacted, Sligo, Mayo and Antrim have tons of Welsh/Walsh/Welch.

Showing 61-90 of 134 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion