Looking for genealogy contact in Bahamas

Started by Erin Ishimoticha on Sunday, December 25, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
12/25/2011 at 8:39 PM

Hi! I have a dead end which ends in the Bahamas. My 3rd great grandfather Ridley Pinder was born in 1838 in the Bahamas. Does anyone have a contact in the Bahamas who might be able to help me track him down? The closest I've come is another Pinder of the same first name who is listed on the Slave Registers of former British Colonial Dependencies in 1834, possibly his father or uncle, but Ridley was such a prominent family name in that branch that it could have been a third cousin. Can anyone help me?

Erin

12/25/2011 at 9:47 PM

Private User Mentioned that there is an extensive Pinder family in the Bahamas. If she's not available at the moment, maybe try a query in one of Bahamas projects Kenneth Kwame Welsh, (C) has started.

12/25/2011 at 10:33 PM

Erin, I've added you to the main Bahamians project. We'll be adding new links over the next few days.

12/26/2011 at 10:54 AM

Erin, go to the Bahamas Roots Web query pages. Put in Pinder in the search engine. I saw lots of different Pinders mentioned. You, Ashley and I may have families that are connected. My Bahamian family names are Higgs, Bethel,Albury, Sweeting, Saunders, Knowles, Cole and I think Pnders are involved, just not sure of the how yet. Kat

12/26/2011 at 2:17 PM

Bahamian Pirates: Edward Teach, Blackbeard 1670; John Rackham, Calico Jack 1695; Henry Morgan: William Catt; Capt. Avery 1696; John Thurber; Thomas Wooley; Christopher Goffe; Charles Vane; Anne Bonny and Mary Read

Private User
12/27/2011 at 5:55 AM

Sorry, guys, I've been in the hospital. Catching up on my phone now.

Erin, I have direct contacts in the Bahamian National Archives, the Bahamas Historical Society, etc. Also, one of my aunts married a Pinder. I'll be happy to help you out.

Kwame, I've started several Bahamian projects and have a few more I'm planning to start. Let's work together on that. What new ones have been started?

12/27/2011 at 4:39 PM

Wow, that would be awesome. Thanks, Ashley! I have looked at tons and tons of Pinder genealogy, including RootsWeb and including works that talked about the number of Ridley Pinders there were and the number of unconnectable Pinder branches.

This is my Ridley: Ridley Pinder
1880 Census: http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=6742&am...
1885 Florida Census: http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=1506&am...
1857 passenger list from Bahamas http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=8758&am...
1876 passenger list from Bahamas http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&new=1&MSA...

I have been searching for him for more than 7 years! I would be so grateful if we could connect him to other Pinders. I would compensate whoever for their time and expense.

12/27/2011 at 5:50 PM

Albury Family of the Bahamas
Higgs Family of the Bahamas
Bahamian Pirates
The 1671 Bahamas Census

8/31/2016 at 3:33 PM

Hi Everybody!

I need some help please with this:

The wills that are in the Bahamas National Archive are:

Elizabeth Woodside (my fifth great grandmother)
Date of Will: 31 July 1816
Date Proved: 27 October 1817
Address: Nassau, New Providence
Executors: Sir Robert Henry Bunch, Baronet (my fourth great grandfather)
Charlotte Bunch

Charlotte Bunch
Date of Will: 19 October 1833
Date Proved: 3 October 1838
Address: New Providence
Executors: Sir Robert Henry Bunch, Baronet
James Pusey Wood

I will appreciate a lot your help. I want the genealogical information.
Kind Greetings!

Private User
8/31/2016 at 7:52 PM

Felipe González de Otoya De Narváez, I had messaged you about this, but maybe you didn't get my message. Did you try an actual request through the archives yet?

9/1/2016 at 6:48 AM

Private User
I tried but they only want to send me the copies not giving me the information and the last person that I speak by phone told me that they don't send copies to Colombia

9/1/2016 at 9:25 AM

Hi Katherine Marie Long A185831 thank you very much you are so kind. Please just take the information in my first post. I need the genealogical information in both Wills. Thanks a lot.

9/1/2016 at 10:13 AM

Alright, I'll see what she can obtain for you.

9/1/2016 at 10:32 AM

Thank you very much Katherine Marie Long A185831!!!!!

9/3/2016 at 9:39 AM

You all amaze me. Katherine Marie Long A185831 I'm going to delete your message because I don't want your cousin's email address all over the Internet.

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion