Willem Schalk van der Merwe, SV/PROG - Schalkzoon vs Schalk as Middle Name

Started by Sharon Doubell on Thursday, November 8, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
11/8/2012 at 6:03 AM

I see that after a merge, he had SCHALK as a middle name in caps. I changed it to ordinary letters, but saw your Curator note Private - so am alerting you so you can remove it if you want to.

Private
11/8/2012 at 6:15 AM

HI Nig Sharon,

It is fine. I found his estate while fixing a big mess on radyn and he was in the family of one child and I found the estate under his wife Anna Provest(Provo) in the estate. His death date is there. But there are as usual a mess in v d Merwe and I don't even want to go there.
I have bought the latest Resolutions of the Council of Policy of the cape of Good Hope and Cape Transcripts TEPC - two centuries transcibed 1673-1834 but haven't looked in it as yet. I am still just working on TANAP. These were done by the same person, Dr. Helena Olivier who inisially worked on the TANAP project. As soon as I start with them we should get very interesting fact. It is about people and places of Cape of Good Hope Inventories, Auction Lists, Estate Accounts, Bandietenrollen, VOC Munster rolls.
The resolution covers the period 1651- 1743 as well as 1744-1795 and extensive introductions in Afrikaans and English transcibed of the Resolutions, and offer a sketch of the Cape of Good hope.
Baie werk hoor.
Juds

11/8/2012 at 7:13 AM

Shew - sounds fantasties Juds, Let me know if I can help.

Private User
11/8/2012 at 8:26 PM

Hi @Judith Susanna Hendrika 5 Marais b2c1d6e5f2g7h7i12j2, where can one buy the Resolutions you mention?

11/9/2012 at 1:56 AM

in a lot of south african records they were given as schalkzoon and willemzoon they are all correct as the dutch use to refer( to the son of) that is when the person was inportant and his son was then named with zoon

11/9/2012 at 1:59 AM

Interesting info. I suppose the decision is how to show it on Geni

11/10/2012 at 9:11 AM

BOTH ARE CORRECT AND THE INFO OUT THERE AS I HAVE DIFFRENT DOCUMENTATION AND BOTH ARE THERE IT WILL BE AVISABLE FOR PEOPLE NOT AWARE TO JUST MAKE A NOTE AT THE BOTTOM AS THEY MIGHT THINK IT IS A DIFFRENT PERSON

11/12/2012 at 1:23 AM

Okay :-)

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion