John Baldwin of Norwich - Parents of John Baldwin, Norwich CT founder

Started by Dan Cornett on Friday, July 26, 2013
Showing all 6 posts
7/26/2013 at 1:19 PM

Managers of John Baldwin of Norwich,

This John Baldwin has had some merges that have supplied a variety of guesses as to parents -- which Hatte declares as unknown.

I thought those of you with some possible knowledge might want to take a look at this again and see where those supposed parents might really belong....

7/26/2013 at 3:55 PM

Fay Elizabeth Baldwin and I will take a look and involve anyone else who manages or has an interest. I leave many of the Baldwins to Fay.

7/26/2013 at 4:07 PM

I detached the parents. I'll look at the parents later in case they lost a son named John (who was not this John). There's an extra son (Ebenezer) but the date and location of birth could make him the undocumented child of these parents so I'm leaving him for now.

Good argument for Curator's Notes and for a biographic in the About Me and a link to a source, because when there is a bad merge, you can see that you did the research based on what sources there were and can undo the error quickly.

The issue is that two Baldwins named John married two Hannahs with similar last names. I remember now that this was puzzling but I concluded it was just that way and that there were two Hannah B.s.

7/26/2013 at 5:22 PM

In the AM...when I'm fresh..

7/27/2013 at 5:39 AM

See the other discusion re John, of Norwich.

7/27/2013 at 5:49 AM

MY John, of Norwich does NOT have any indication of a dicussion in process.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion