Mary I, Queen of Scots - Good article on Mary Queen of Scots in today's Daily Mail

Started by Jean Hageman on Friday, August 16, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• François Clouet, "Francis II, King of France, and his wife, Mary Stuart, Queen of France and Scotland," from a miniature in Catherine de' Medici's Book of Hours, BnF, NAL 83, folio 154 v.

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
8/16/2013 at 11:41 PM

This is a link to an good article on Mary. Forensic experts have reconstructed her facial features which show the strain of of being a young widow living with the strain of needing to remarry to produce an heir.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2394671/Mary-Queen-Scots-...

8/17/2013 at 12:55 AM

Mary I, Queen of Scots is my 10th cousin 14 times removed. I am fascinated by research like this. The intrigues of the French and Sottish courts are mind blowing. I always felt a little sad for her as she was very much a pawn and puppet and lost the people she loved the most.

8/17/2013 at 3:14 AM

Thank you for posting this interesting article.
Particularly interest\ing for those of us who live in South Afirca and do not have access to this paper. Thank you for posting. I really enjoyed reading it.

Private User
8/17/2013 at 5:04 AM

@Mary 1 Queen of Scots is my 4th cousin twelve times removed Judy Rice

8/17/2013 at 10:35 AM

Daphne:

Here's a link to the Daily Mail. They cover just about everything which is why I alway like to check it out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

8/17/2013 at 1:05 PM

@Interesting article, and I thank Jean Hageman for posting it!
Mary I, Queen of Scots, is my 1st cousin 13 times removed, and her imprisonment and execution were ordered by Elizabeth I, Queen of England, my 4th cousin, 12 times removed.

Private User
8/17/2013 at 8:15 PM

Mary I, Queen of Scots is my second cousin 13 times removed, and I was just researching her today. Perfect timing! Thanks for sharing!

Gedaliah Ben Yohanan
8/18/2013 at 1:04 AM

Hi, I am related to Mary I , Queen of Scots throughout the Earl of Orkney. That began with my Research from the Faroe Islands to Norway , Sweden over the channel to Germany , France, Southern England , Scotland , Iceland and further back to Faroes. I found the Eart Family Led in Sweden then I searching Herzog Family there on GENI.com . And OBS the result was I found the Swedish Royality Family Tree and I could see the whole on screen, of course.

Private User
8/18/2013 at 12:40 PM

Mary I, Queen of Scots is your fifth cousin 16 times removed.

8/18/2013 at 1:00 PM

Mary I, Queen of Scots is your 14th great aunt.

8/18/2013 at 3:15 PM

@ Mary I, Queen of Scots is my 8th cousin 12 times removed

8/19/2013 at 8:49 AM

Mary, Queen of Scots is my 12th great-aunt.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion