周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is A. Saarinen's 90th great grandfather! *GREAT!* : )

Started by (No Name) on Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 61 posts
Private User
8/21/2013 at 1:26 AM

周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is my 104th great grandfather. His granddaughter married my 102nd great grandfather, Chen Hugong, from who my surname started.

Private User
8/21/2013 at 5:58 AM

So A. Saarinen, you are my 90th cousin 14 times removed!

8/22/2013 at 4:43 PM

very interesting...it flows down the sinclair - and, ruthven - handy - schwenger lineages

http://www.geni.com/path/Susan+Lynne+Schwenger+is+related+to+%E5%91...

周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang
is Susan Lynne Schwenger's 92nd great grandfather!

Susan Lynne Schwenger
You

Lynda Mae Handy - Schwenger
your mother

JAMES "Jim" EDWARD HANDY JR.
her father

JAMES HANDY
his father

Marian Ruthven - Handy
his mother

Alexander Ruthven
her father

Robert Ruthven
his father

John Ruthven
his father

John Ruthven
his father

John Ruthven
his father

George Ruthven
his father

William Alexander Ruthven
his father

William Ruthven
his father

Sir William Ruthven
his father

Janet Ruthven (Halyburton), 6th Lady Dirletoun
his mother

Patrick Halyburton, 5th/6th Lord Dirletoun
her father

George Halyburton, 3rd/4th Lord Dirletoun
his father

Janet Halyburton, of Seton
his mother

Sir William Seton of Seton
her father

Katherine Sinclair of Herdmanstoun
his mother

Elizabeth Sinclair, de Polwarth
her mother

Sir Patrick Polwarth, of that ilk
her father

Emma/Eva de Polwarth
his mother

Philip de Seton
her father

Alexander de Seton
his father

Walter de Seton
his father

Saier "Dougall" de Lens
his father

Lambert II de Boulogne, comte de Lens
his father

Mahaut de Louvaine
his mother

Lambert I, graaf van Leuven en Brussel
her father

Régnier III, comte de Hainaut
his father

Regnier II, Count of Hainaut
his father

Régnier I, comte de Hainaut
his father

Giselbert von der Darnau, Comte d'Aquitaine et Brabant
his father

Bertswinda de Hesbaye
his mother

Landrade of Austrasia
her mother

Charles "Martel", Prince of the Franks
her father

Pepin II d'Héristal, Mayor of the Palace of Austrasia
his father

Saint Beggue of Austrasia
his mother

Pepin of Landen
her father

Gertrudis of the Bavarians
his mother

Waldrada of the Lombards
her mother

Austrigusa of the Gepidae
her mother

Elemund, King of the Gepids
her father

Escam of the Huns, Queen of the Gepidae
his mother

Elak, 60th King of the Huns
her father

Attila "Scourge of God", 59th King of the Huns
his father

Mundzuk - Bendegúz, King of the Huns
his father

Kuridak de Hunnie, Prince of the Huns
his father

Uldin King of the Huns
his father

Donaton, King of the Huns
his father

Avitochola of the Huns
his father

Kama Tarkhan de Hunnie, King of the Huns
his father

Szemen 47th King of the Huns
his father

Ethei of the Huns
his father

Oposch Prince of the Huns
his father

Kadcha Prince of the Huns
his father

Barin of the Huns
his father

Huyen III
his father

Huyen II
his father

Huyen I
his father

Panghu 25th King of the Huns
his father

Eltekin 24th King of the Huns
his father

Yiu 22nd King of the Huns
his father

呼都而尸道皋若鞮單于 Ghuduarshi Davganoti
his father

呼韓邪單于 Huhanye Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

虛閭權渠單于 Hyuilui-Juankui Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

狐鹿姑單于 Hulughu Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

且鞮侯單于 Chedi Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

伊稚邪單于 Ichise Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

老上單于 Laoshang Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

冒頓單于 Modu Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

頭曼單于 Touman Chanyu of Xiongnu
his father

Tengriqut, Tribal Chief of the Huns
his father

Kia Huns, Kia, Kiahan, Xia,Čibik
his father

Othmar of the Huns
his father

Kadar of the Huns
his father

Biler of the Huns
his father

Kear of the Huns
his father

Kave of the Huns
his father

Kaled of the Huns
his father

Dama of the Huns, Prince of the Huns
his father

Ly-sze Chou
his mother

周幽王 宮湦
her father

周宣王 靜
his father

周厲王 㝬
his father

周夷王 燮
his father

周懿王 囏
his father

周共王 繄扈
his father

周穆王 滿
his father

周昭王 瑕
his father

周康王 釗
his father

周成王 誦
his father

周武王 King Wu of Zhou 發 Fa
his father

his father
is Susan Lynne Schwenger's 92nd great grandfather!

8/23/2013 at 7:02 AM

he seems to be my 93'rd GGF, but I am wary because the LE STRANGE Line is INCORRECT. (thomas and his alleged father Sir John)....it needs to be researched more...

8/23/2013 at 7:27 AM

JUDY AND I do NOT seem to have "le strange" ancestors

8/23/2013 at 7:35 AM

I do in this line and in Charlemagne's line...

8/23/2013 at 7:41 AM

interesting how some of us, actually run back through all 4 root races + persian marriage bridges, into gypsy lineages too
- it explains why some of the people in my family had 'slanted' eyes
& makes me wonder if there are very many 'pure' white lineages

Private User
8/23/2013 at 8:30 AM

周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is your 92nd great grandfather. Know I know why people thought my grandson father was chinese.Wow still make me wonder.

8/23/2013 at 2:00 PM

Just goes to show how short our lives are in relation to the history of the world...100 generations and back 4,000 years.....People on the planet that we would recognise about 25 times that. Very cool that we have this reference....I am truly amazed. DCR 1948

8/24/2013 at 1:38 PM

King Wen of Zhou, 周文王, 昌, 40

Susan, I have the "strange" blue neck signal that Atila left in his european
descendancy, and my son too, in the neck. Now we know from where this
signal came. The DNA-TEST must confirm so.
Greetings from Brasília, Deisi Vaz Pinto

Private User
8/24/2013 at 8:25 PM
Private
8/25/2013 at 6:35 AM

周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is your 91st great grandfather

Private User
8/25/2013 at 1:44 PM

I thought I'd respond to a question from one of you here: why are there no Latin names for many of the Zhou kings.

I used to have them; then I thought no Europeans would look at it, or be interested in how it's pronounced in modern Mandarin Chinese, so I took them off, leaving only the two most famous kings, Wen and Wu (meaning Civil and Martial, respectively).

Of course, when (and if) Geni implements a way to record names in different languages, I'll take the time to do it. For now, you can find the list of kings here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhou_Dynasty#Kings

I also traced the sources for the Huns, and included the Chinese because that's the basis from which people reconstructed the names. I was not able to find sources for later or earlier Huns kings, and I'm hoping someone else might contribute here. In particular, I am very skeptical of this Ly-Sze princess being a daughter of King You of Zhou. Not to disappoint anyone here, but for a long line like this one can't take it too seriously, unless there's DNA confirmation.

Private User
8/25/2013 at 6:06 PM

With the connection to 周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang, then the connection to the Yellow Emperor Huáng Dì, 黄帝, Jī Xuān Yuán 姬軒轅, 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Emperor) would follow as below:
Huáng Dì, 黄帝, Jī Xuān Yuán 姬軒轅, 1

Xuán Xiāo, 玄嚣/Shǎo Hào 少昊, 2,(林氏前姓黄帝后代第2世)
his son

Qiáo Jí, 桥极, 3
his son

Dì Kù, 帝喾, 4
his son

Hou Ji 后稷, Zhou Qi 周棄, Ji Qi 姬棄, 5
his son

Mù Xǐ 楘璽, 6
his son

Shū Wàng 叔望, 7
his son

Bù Kū 不窟, 8
his son

JJū Táo 鞠陶, 9
his son

Gong Liu 公劉, 10
his son

Qìng Jié 慶節, 11
his son

Huáng Pú 皇僕, 12
his son

Chà Fú 差弗, 13
his son

Huǐ Yú 毀渝, 14
his son

Gōng Fēi 公非, 15
his son

Pì Fāng 辟方, 16
his son

Gāo Yǔ 高圉, 17
his son

Hóu Móu 侯牟, 18
his son

Yà Yǔ 亞圉, 19
his son

Yún Dōu 雲都, 20
his son

Tài Gōng 太公, 21
his son

Zǔ Gàn 祖紺, 22
his son

Zhū Zhōu 諸盩, 23
his son

公叔祖類
his son

周太王 亶父
his son

周王季 季歷
his son

his son

Private User
8/30/2013 at 12:37 AM

For those who can find a connection to “周文王 King Wen of Zhou” in their ancestry, then they should be able to see their connection to some of the more common Chinese surnames as shown in the chart below. In the chart “周文王 King Wen of Zhou” is the box with “昌/周文王, 19” on the top half and “Chāng/Zhōu Wén Wáng” in the bottom.

http://media.geni.com/p13/db/a2/af/ff/534448391a4f2b03/connections_...

8/30/2013 at 6:34 PM

Dr.Tan chee Lin, I need your help to find my real connection with the Mongol King Genghis Khan (Temüjin) Borjigin, because of two different profiles under the same link.
This is the last one:
Genghis Khan (Temüjin) Borjigin, Khagan of the Mongol Empire is your 21st great uncle's half sister's husband's great grandfather
Genghis Khan of the Mongol Empire

And this was the former one:
Genghis Khan (Temüjin) Borjigin, Khagan of the Mongol Empire is your 24th great grandfather
Genghis Khan of the Mongol Empire
Thanks for your kindness.

8/31/2013 at 2:10 PM

Amazing they have records that detailed and can retrace our ancestor's....good for you!

Private User
8/31/2013 at 2:22 PM

周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is my 90th great grandfather! This is amazing.

Private User
8/31/2013 at 9:00 PM

Hi Deisi Vaz Pinto,

Maybe Bjorn P. Brox could help as he is the one who added Genghis Khan family tree. What I know about that Yuan Dynasty in China was that, according to “Yǒngchūn Gazette” (永春县志): “In 1277, the Mongolian army invaded Fujian province and the Chén (陳) clan of Pénghú (蓬壶), together with the Cài (蔡) clan of Dōngyuán (东园) took part in resisting the Mongolian army. When they were defeated, the Chén clan was almost completed wiped out." Yǒngchūn (永春) is the county in Fújiàn Province (福建省) where my ancestors in China came from.

Towards the end of the Yuan Dynasty/Yuán Cháo (元朝), in 1354, in what is known as the “Liù'èr Huā Shìjiàn or Incedent” (六二花事件), the Chén (陳) clan took part in another rebellion against the Mongolian rule led by Chén Zhān (陳占) of Huā Shí (花石). My 19th great grandfather Zhēn Yòu (真佑)’s second son Jūn Zé (君泽), third son Gōng Zhōng (公忠), fourth son Gōng Fǔ (公著), eighth son Rú Guān (儒官) were killed, their properties were confiscated. My 19th great uncle Jūn Zhì (君治) moved his family out of the ancestral place in Xiǎohù (小岵) and his decedents are to be found in various part of Fújiàn province (福建省). My 18th great uncle Gōng Yìn (公荫) first escaped to Xiānyóu (仙游), then moved to Ānxī (安溪). His decedents are to be found in various parts of the provinces of Fújiàn (福建省) and Jiāngxī (江西省).

In escaping from the slaughter of our Chén Clan by the Mongolian rule, my 17th great grandfather Chén Gōng Mào (陳公茂) took his whole family to Nán'ān (南安) to live with his wife’s Lǐ (李) family.

My 17th great grandfather Chén Gōng Mào (陳公茂) died 65 days after the birth of 16th great grandfather Yōu Dào Gōng (諱:辅公, 字:國盛, 號:優道公). Yōu Dào Gōng was brought up by my widowed 17th great grandmother Lǐ (李) in the neighboring county of Nán'ān (南安). Yōu Dào Gōng moved back to Xiǎohù (小岵) when he was still at a young age. Yōu Dào Gōng was unfamiliar both with the people and the place. Being very late and also tired from the journey, he decided to squat under the eaves of a house to rest. Perhaps he was so weary that he fell asleep till dawn while resting there. The owner of the house, where he rested, is one with the surname Wú (吳). While Wú was asleep that night, he had a strange dream. In his dream he saw a gigantic pine tree, growing from the left side of his house that covered the whole village. In the morning, Wú (吳) found an intelligent looking boy outside his house. Wú took a liking towards the boy. He took him in and raised him up. As the boy grew up, Wú found him to be hardworking and honest, hardworking and honest. Thus he decided to give his own daughter hand in marriage to Yōu Dào Gōng (優道公) when the later was age 15. After marriage Yōu Dào Gōng (優道公) felt that, as a man, he should not be dependent on others and that he should venture out on his own. To his plan, his in-laws agreed and gave him a few acres of land for him to cultivate. (This land was located at the lower side of Wú Yǐng Nán Shān (吾穎南山)). Having decided upon this course of action, Yōu Dào Gōng along with the help of his in-laws and friends, constructed a house to the newly wed to stay in. Upon finishing the house, he named it the Mt. Nan hut. Picking an auspicious day they moved in. When my 16th great grandmother Wú Miào Rán (吳妙然) passed away, her descendants performed the filial ritual. At the left side of the house, they built a shrine named Xiànggōng Gōng (相公宮) where they worshipped the deity Wǔ'ān Zhūn Wáng (武安尊王). This was the beginning of our ancestral footing in Xiǎohù (小姑).

My pedigree line, where this part of my family history is contained, can be viewed from the chart below. It is fourth of 4 charts for my pedigree line.

http://media.geni.com/p13/4f/05/18/ca/534448398853d383/chinese_gene...

Private User
8/31/2013 at 9:36 PM

Hi Dale C. Rice,

I do not anything about others in keeping their family history. For the Chinese, what I understand is that keeping of family tree or genealogical tree or Jiāpǔ (家譜) is an a unique cultural heritage which has been practiced since ancient times by the Han race. Gradually other races in China follow the same practice.

As family has always been of supreme importance in Chinese culture, hand written genealogical records of individual families and clans were produced painstakingly and methodically, and periodically updated, to keep track of their origins and subsequent development. These were preserved reverently and handed down from one generation to another. Jiāpǔ (家譜) is a record of a clans’ history and their lineage and is essentially private documents compiled by a family, the basic social unit. It usually begins with the primogenitor that first settled or moved to a place and started his family there, and should end with the contemporary generation that draws up the genealogy.

While every country has its own method of genealogy, the Chinese have developed theirs into a fine art, with distinctive characteristics and a flavor all of its own. It is possible for many Chinese families, including those who have migrated overseas, wherever they might be, to trace not only their roots but also over much further back in time.

Researchers can study Chinese genealogies as a supplement to other research areas, such as social economic history, geographical history, history of law, population history, religion and culture, history of overseas Chinese, inheritance practices, and biography of historical figures.

China is among the most family and history conscious of nations. From ancient times to the present, the country has it histories, regions have their records, and families have their genealogies. Every dynasty compiled its own dynastic history, documenting major events and outstanding achievements for posterity. In addition, all district governments also recorded, in their gazetteers or local records, important aspects of local histories, local conditions and how special customs developed, that will be of interest to their inhabitants. Families have genealogy records to describe who their ancestors were and how they developed their kindness and achievements. It provides instructions from ancestors to be remembered and to distinguish which group you belong to.

Of the three, Chinese genealogy has the longest history and is the most influential. Keeping of China’s history and keeping of local gazette followed the tradition of keeping family records.

9/1/2013 at 12:05 PM

Hello Dr. Tan Chee Lin, Phillip: I am suprised but also recognise this as a natural thing for the ASIAN community to be so connected....I know it but forgot it for some reason....I Find the idea of knowing the ancestoral past a spiritual recogniton of they who came before us, and therefore worthy of our recogniton....My love of ASIAN ART tells me I have this in my ancient ancestory as well....That's the genetic memory we are discussing on another thread...I thankyou for taking the time to expalin the naturalness of that task in the family...it is both profound and beautiful to behold......Sadly: I did not know of any such connection and without that RUDDER of knowledge....I kind of DRIFTED along in life....Now that I have found my roots or at least discovering what I think are my roots, I can see that I would chosen quite differently as a young person....My confusion stemmed from not knowing which way was NORTH....so to spepak....Kind Regards, and Thankyou for giving me that Primer on Asian Ancestory..... DCR 1948

11/1/2013 at 9:49 AM

it seems, someone has merged something wrong here ?

11/1/2013 at 10:16 AM

he is my 92nd great grandfather - but; now it is showing him to be my:
周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is
your 22nd great grandfather's wife's 67th great grandfather.
- there are just too many other people
who know of their lineages, back to King Wen - that, i don't know that buy into the story being posted here - what do our other relatives, that know they are related have to say about this change ???
my lineage, as, well as many others, who have posted,
are a pretty hard one to challenge - esp; in light of the stories of pine trees growing out of the side of buildings - china is the knock off capital of the planet - and, these kind of stories, can be bought for about $5.00 and, a pack of paper

11/1/2013 at 10:29 AM

my suggestion would be
is for the poster who is doing massive altering and changing
to a lot of curated history on king wen
- that he set up his own,
like the prince and his brother from australia
- that are NOT grandsons of Queen B
- but, just nephews, not mat. or pat. connections
- the claims he is making should be parked on their own
stand alone tree, and,
NOT mucked up, in other work,
that a lot of people spent a lot of time
to check, research and post ...
He should set up his own 'stand-alone' family genie
that reflects, as, he says,
his family - record keeping
and, then, after he has his own tree set up
it would be much easier for a curator
to compare, where merges are right
and, where merges, are clearly wrong
- no one can follow the changes he is making
- and, if he wanted a lineage in chinese,
then, he is best to create his own
and, NOT muck up MASTER PROFILES
- and, i'm sure, i am NOT the only one here
who thinks this way

Private User
11/1/2013 at 12:43 PM

I did a cut recently, for King Wen's supposed daughter-in-law, but that shouldn't affect your line previously posted, Susan.

I am responsible for the many Chinese characters, but only those profiles (based on Chinese texts from 2nd century BC). The lineage down to Europe is at best conjectural; there's no way a documented lineage could exist. You can easily find that line on the internet (e.g. fabpedigree), which means it's impossible to trace the original source.

11/1/2013 at 1:50 PM

sometimes too, as profiles merge and get cleaned up correctly, lines change. Geoffrey Chaucer was my 18th GGF for a long time on here, then his lines got merged and changed and fixed and now he is not. (Tho ancestry.com still has him as my 18th ggf)...
this King Wen, is my 91st GGF

11/2/2013 at 9:39 AM

This line is fun but fake.

The early Chinese generations are good. The late European generations are good. But, the middle part is a combination of legend, speculation, and guesswork.

11/2/2013 at 2:52 PM

All of genealogy is based on evidence. If the first record of something is 1000 years after it happened, there a good chance it's made up.

Do I think there are families descended from Jesus? Not a chance. Every bit of evidence we have is that Jesus, his brother James, and probably all his brothers except Jude were probably celibates. It was a big news that Jude's grandsons were hauled before the Emperor for being David's descendants. The Emperor let them go, but there are no records after that.

If you don't have proof, at least an ancient manuscript somewhere that could maybe be authentic, then you have nothing but a fun story.

11/3/2013 at 2:09 AM

Being a "proud direct descendant" in this line as well, but (art) historian by training, I have to agree with @Justin Swanström. Where there are no documents, there is little claim for veracity. I can sympathise with genealogies leading to mythological characters from verifiable persons (Odin has quite a few historical descendants), but going back and forth between myth, fiction and "reality" is a bit like having, eating and selling the same cake..
But I have a question, not myself as swift with genealogical detail: how much of the historically latter part of the above line would you suggest is reliable, Justin. I think it is good to have an understanding of where the real uncertainties begin. For some of us, we tend to end up in all sorts of weird lineage, with basically no end before the beginning of human history (Adam and Eve, according to a few faith systems).

Showing 1-30 of 61 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion