Unbroken Chain

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 21 posts
9/11/2013 at 5:48 AM

I could use help finishing the data entry and indexing of Neil Rosenstein's The Unbroken Chain. See the project at http://www.geni.com/projects/The-Unbroken-Chain-by-Neil-Rosenstein/.... If you have the books, please help finish the project.

9/11/2013 at 6:37 AM

Randy, where are you up to.

Volume number, Chapter ?
I will start on the next Chapter.

9/11/2013 at 9:36 AM

I can help as well.

9/11/2013 at 11:17 AM

I am in Weissbrem in Chapter V.A. On the project page you have the tree tops for each chapter, but we need to verify that the rest is there, or enter it, and then link up all the separate families identified as such in the books.

9/11/2013 at 12:49 PM

Randy, let me know where you want me to start and I will do so. I am on the road and don't have my books with me, but I can start on Sunday.

9/11/2013 at 1:13 PM

My plate is full helping Neil Rosenstein with other things right now, but of course, when I finish that I would like to pitch in. But I have several more weeks of work.

9/11/2013 at 3:23 PM

Just look at the project page. Whatever is not already linked up needs some work.

9/11/2013 at 4:56 PM

I have added a link to R' Moszek Spiegel, who I think that I may be related to. I do need to go back at least one more generation to be able to figure it out.

9/11/2013 at 5:08 PM

I am in amazement with all you guys do I have such a deep respect and admiration of all your tiring work. Words cant be said on what all of you have done for me I can walk tall and speak of my lineage which gives me internal power and joy god bless you all.

9/12/2013 at 2:57 AM

I´ll only be @Home, for 8 weeks, till mid- January 2014... but THEN, I´ll be back @my Base again, for quite a while and am always willing to assist, with input... etc.
Should anyone be in Florida 20 Sept. - 14 Oct., 2013 or Puerto Rico 15 Dec. 213 - 2 January or Las Vegas 2 Jan. - 9 Jan. 2014... I´d love to meet up and share notes, in "real time"!
<3 Renée <3

9/12/2013 at 7:47 AM

Hi, I have the two volumes of his book from 1990. I am willing to help. Please coordinate with all who are helping who is entering what so we do not duplicate entries. Judy

9/13/2013 at 7:26 AM

I am helping Neil with spelling of the Hungarian place names and personal names, plus adding civil names to the Jewish ones. To do this, I am going through a lot of Hungarian civil records. I just need to be sure that no one else is working on this same stuff so we don't duplicate.

Right now, I am mainly working on Práger, Schick/Schück, Jungreisz, and Duschinsky.

9/13/2013 at 8:26 AM

what is this book about, if I may ask? I never heard of it before

9/13/2013 at 8:45 AM

Mattan Segev-Frank

New York Times Review of "The Unbroken Chain".
http://www.tali.com/neilr/UBC_NYT.html

Also, now available
"The sensational Debunking Rabbinic Genealogy Lecture".
http://www.tali.com/neilr/2007_Debunking_Rabbinic_Genealogical_Myth...

Dr. Neil Rosenstein's Website
http://www.tali.com/neilr/

9/13/2013 at 10:31 AM

Ellenbogen/Elbogen towns in Hungary included Bonyhad, Nyirmada and Nanosh.

9/19/2013 at 10:03 AM

I'll be glad to help with what I can. I can help you with Hebrew translations etc. I know my maternal grandmother's family is also descendant of this family in a way but I don't know much about that side...

9/29/2013 at 4:56 AM

Randy Schoenberg In doing research on my family tree, I found a mistake in the Unbroken Chain when Rosenstein took a previous work which included this same mistake and copied it in. Unfortunately, I received a new book of family history which also took the Unbroken Chain's mistake and carried it forward, even though there is sufficient evidence of this mistake.

Is there room for fixing the book's inaccuracies in this project? If I can show documentation of the problem, and show that the original work that Rosenstein carried forward is flawed, will that matter?

9/29/2013 at 7:45 AM

Daniel Lawrence Shimoff Excellent! Dr. Neil Rosenstein would welcome any information you could provide to rectify the mistake, as he is currently working on a totally revised edition of the "The Unbroken Chain".

Email: neil@tali.com
http://www.tali.com/neilr/

9/29/2013 at 9:12 AM

You can easily correct all mistakes on Geni. And add notes and documents to the profiles also, so that everyone knows not to mis-correct them from the bad sources.

Private User
9/29/2013 at 9:20 AM

Unfortunately I still have not been able to mark as deceased several relatives who were added to Geni by others. A couple of widows still receive announcements of their upcoming anniversaries which can no longer be celebrated, which is hurtful. I sent a message to ask this to be changed but have still been unable to mark in these changes.

9/29/2013 at 10:32 AM

Private User,

Provide links to the profiles in question and someone will fix them for you.

Kevin

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion