John Bishop, of Guilford - Parents unproven, relationships cut

Started by Private User on Sunday, August 3, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
8/3/2014 at 6:58 PM

Just a note that I just cut Richard Bishop and Dolabelle Bishop as John Bishop, of Guilford's parents since his background is unproven. If anyone can document these, I'll be happy to put them back.

Private User
8/4/2014 at 9:35 PM

Private User, re: your question at http://www.geni.com/discussions/138142 about the baptismal record:

I personally have not done that research, no. This is not a line I am actively working on. I work in the area because I try to keep the two George Hubbard families of Connecticut separate on Geni, usually with less success than I'd like. :)

If you would like to do a search, that would be wonderful! We just need to make sure that sort of thing is sourced if we're going to make a huge discovery in genealogy by finding parental records for someone who has lacked them for centuries.

Private User
8/5/2014 at 2:10 PM

Hi Ashley,
Just saw this and think I might have some research done on the Bishops, one branch are my ancestors; I'll check it out when I have some time !

Private User
8/5/2014 at 6:27 PM

Sounds great! :)

John and Anne Bishop are my 12th-great-grandparents, but I know the line their daughter married into (the Hubbards) and next to nothing about the Bishops. I'll put this on my running list of things to look at when I'm able to.

3/23/2018 at 8:56 AM

I have a source that came from Ancestry on a John Bishop's baptism. There is no document for upload, but I copied the text below. Has anyone else seen this? Is it reliable?

Text:
03 Jan 1590 John sonne of Richard Bishop.
Book:
Baptisms. (Baptism)
Collection:
Suffolk: Little Saxham - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials) with Appendices, Biographies, etc., 1559-1850

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion