Help with Afrikaans in death certificate of Jacob Langermann

Started by Kitty Munson Cooper on Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
4/21/2015 at 1:56 PM

According to family lore my g-uncle Jacob Langermann, lost all his money in a card e and shot himself. He is mentioned as dying in a hunting accident in a book about prominent Jews of Johannesburg. Also we were told that his son or children were taken in by his brother Max, also in South Africa

I am fairly certain that this death certificate answers the question of how he died and if he had children, here is what I can translate with google's help. I would appreciate if someone who knows Afrikans could help with the rest (and thanks to ancestor.co.za for the certificate!)

http://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000033051397994
Translation:
1. Name: Jacob Langermann
2. Where born: Floss, Bavaria
3. Parents names: Soloman Langermann and Augusta geb Guggenheimer
4. Age: 30
5. Occupation: Speculator
6.?
7. Date of Death: 16 feb 1898
8. Where died: ? Johannesburg
???

4/21/2015 at 2:05 PM

Never mind, I found a friend from South Africa who can do this for me so if you are interested, I hope to have that posted later today

4/21/2015 at 11:42 PM

Thanks Kitty. I see it's up :-)

Private
4/23/2015 at 4:00 AM

Kitty according to that death notice he was never married and had no children. Shout if you need more help. I can advise you to a fantastic reasearcher working in the Transvaal Archives.
6 = Unmarried.
Died in Boksburg the old East Rand, Transvaal.But says Braamfontein, Boksburg. Far from each other. Braamfontein is in Johannesburg and Boksburg as above.
Hope that helps.

Private User
4/30/2017 at 2:13 AM

Hi
I found a name Levy among the gold seekers in Transvaal. my grand father was SALOMON LEVY, how can I find out if who was that Levy.

thank you

RUTH FORSTER

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion