Started by Wilferd Duckitt on Saturday, May 9, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing 1-30 of 42 posts
5/9/2015 at 3:23 AM

Re Anna Maria Van Laar's parents.
Good afternoon
Does anyone know who Anna Maria de Laar, SM/PROG parents are
She would be the bearer of our mitochondrial DNA.

Private User
5/9/2015 at 4:22 AM

A good impression of those who still carry her mitochondrial DNA can be found among her descendants who are portrayed here: http://historylink.herokuapp.com/graph?profile=profile-g60000000041...
One would have to look another one or two generations further to find descendants who are still alive.
Interesting!
No information about her parents...
C

5/9/2015 at 4:29 AM

Thank you Chris
Perhaps Van Laar links in with Van de Laar, Van der Laar etc.

1/18/2016 at 6:07 AM

Pamela Debora Perry is an MtDNA descendant, and has had DNA tests done. Hopefully they included mtDNA, and she'll be able to tell us what haplogroup this prog belongs to.

1/18/2016 at 5:11 PM

I had "My Ancestry" test downloaded to Family tree so presumably you have the results. My Ancestry does not partake in the South African project. I can have further tests done if needed. I live in Sacramento CA.

1/18/2016 at 10:34 PM

Pam, we can't access Family Tree' on Geni

1/19/2016 at 2:21 AM

Hey Pam, we are 5th cousins.
I see both have many Geldenhuys links on our maternal sides. Are you by any chance the same Pam Perry who was in the flower import/export trade? If so, we met when you visited our orchid nursery.

1/20/2016 at 6:27 AM

Yes, the very same. Who knew!!!! Those were the days. I do miss South Africa very much, I am divorced now but I live close to my eldest daughter and her family. I work for the State of CA. I am just amzed at what all the genealogy has uncovered! pperry107@gmail.com

Private User
8/29/2017 at 6:31 AM

I just received notice of a new result of H1b1-T16362C for her. The test kit was for Martha Louisa (Marthie) (Strydom)

While updating the project I noted that Pamela Debora Perry is no longer a mtDNA descendant, and I have removed that result as it is not Pamela's path.

Private User
8/29/2017 at 6:37 AM

Furthermore - Pamela tested H1ak1 while d'Atis, her current mtDNA prog, is tested as H10.

Perhaps we are not there yet, but the only known H1ak1 prog is Geertruy Willemz.

8/29/2017 at 8:43 AM
8/29/2017 at 11:04 AM

I defer to Jaco Strauss, he is the DNA expert on FamilytreeDNA .com I am in his family tree but then all South Africans seems to be in everyone family tree. Very incestuous lot we are! Is Geertruy Willemz not the daughter of Cecilia d'Atis?
My brother George Townsend also has a test on FamilytreeDNA.com. I have almost 500 cousins on Ancestry, mostly as a result of tests done by South Africans or their descendants living in the USA and Australia.

8/29/2017 at 11:06 AM

I think I am a Cecilia d'Atis descendant. there was an error in the tree at some stage.

Private User
12/6/2017 at 1:38 PM

My DNA test point to Christina van Looveren, SM/PROG (although I still need to find the connection) as my Female Progenitor. My Haplogroup H1b1-T16362C, this is interesting as it's the same as Anna Maria de Laar, SM/PROG , which would mean that they are also related.

12/6/2017 at 10:39 PM

Hi Private User - I'm not seeing any female line entered for you on geni - what makes you say christina van Loveren Van Zijl?

12/6/2017 at 10:48 PM

Also remember that people who share mtDNA haplogroups can be related thousands of years before - so many thousands that we'd consider them unrelated in the present.

12/6/2017 at 10:56 PM

Yes, Pamela Debora Perry - I'm seeing you show as a maternal descent line descendant of Cecilia d'Atis, SM/PROG.

Private User
12/6/2017 at 11:03 PM

The link to Christina van Loveren Van Zijl is very clear on my DNA report on FTDNA in the group "The Cape Dutch / Kaaps-Hollands project" where she is listed as Haplogroup H1b1-T16362C (Christina VAN LOVEREN b 1673) [European]

Private User
12/6/2017 at 11:05 PM

Yes, my female line is not entered because I'm struggling to find the correct parents for my great-grandmother. I know her mothers' name but I can't find any documents to prove the relationship as yet.

Private User
12/6/2017 at 11:13 PM

FYI, also listed in the same group is "Haplogroup H10e (Cecilia d'Atis b c1650) [European Corded Ware Culture]"

12/6/2017 at 11:41 PM

We have two results from Cecilia d'Atis descendants: H10 or H1ak1
Glenda Griffin [confirmed by genetic test as H10]
Pamela Perry [confrmed by genetic test as H1ak1]

Do they have more?
If you can't see I'll go and look when I get the time. My results are on there too - but they're not Cape Dutch.

Private User
12/7/2017 at 12:00 AM

Haplogroup H1ak1 (Geertruij WILLEMSZ * c 1651) [Western European]
There are quite a few people tested that trace back to Geertruij WILLEMSZ,
"Perry" is there too but the only one who entered Cecilia dAtis d.1823 as her Maternal Ancestors Name.

12/7/2017 at 12:32 AM

Charmaine, remember that sharing a haplogroup doesn't mean you're related. For eg, my H48 MtDNA ancestor is definitely British - but I'd assume I was maternally descended from Maria Kickers if I was using the method of picking up my mtDNA ancestor from that chart. Billions of unrelated people in the modern era will have H 48 as their mtDNA haplogroup.

(Your atDNA has a better chance of finding you relatives when you don't have a paper trail tree.)

12/7/2017 at 12:41 AM

[Sidenote: Jaco Strauss - you're welcome to add my Dad's H4a1a3a to the Marie Buisset row you already have there.] I have 'joined' the group before, but the process of adding everything / or something to do with my email address / of iets always seems to mean that I give up until FTDNA makes the process more obvious :-) Message me instructions if it would help to have it there. ]

12/7/2017 at 12:53 AM

On the three Haplogroup H10e FTDNA results for Cecilia D'Atis on that chart: - until those members transfer their results to also appear on geni, we don't seem able to tell if they're recently related to each other - ie if their results are confirming the same descent line (from the same daughter of Cecilia). If they all come from the same daughter of Cecilia, then they're not triangulating proof for Cecilia's haplogroup, but for the haplogroup of the daughter they all descend from.
So, they may not disprove Pam Perry's results with any certainty, unless they descend from different daughters.

Private User
12/7/2017 at 1:57 AM

I've looked at the atDNA and I'm convinced it goes back to Christina Van Zijl (van Loveren), SM/PROG. I'll have to wait and see where the paper trail leads. One could do one-on-one matches with those people to see if there's a link.

Private User
12/7/2017 at 1:58 AM

ATDna uploaded to Gedmatch to see matches and compared it to the FTDna results.

12/7/2017 at 2:32 AM

Good luck.

6/24/2018 at 8:06 AM

Good afternoon Geni Family :) I am curious as to why Hendrick Van Lar, Anna Maria Babara Sophia Van Lar are listed as her parents on many MyHeritage sites. I see that her paternal grandparents are named, yet her father's name has been removed. This may sound like a silly question, but are her paternal grandparents known. I have worked on the De Laar/Van Laer/Van Laar/Van Lar pre-1650 ancestry and found fairly good data to work back many years before that.

6/24/2018 at 11:38 PM

I'll go and take a look.

Showing 1-30 of 42 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion